DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
For anyone planning on attending Danlisle later on this week, I thought to offer up my services to anyone interested in doing a Differential Drain and Fill.

The most over looked fluid in any front wheel driven car, just as important as any other lubricating fluid, recommended every 60 000 miles. Only 1 Quart is needed for our differentials.

I just replaced mine and it came out looking pretty grimy, so if anyones interested, I'll be doing them for the cost of the fluid ( $9 for 1 quart of Mobil 1 75w-90 at autozone). I'll have to know by friday night how many people would be interested so I can make a stop at an autozone on my way to Toledo.

And if you have your own fluid, no problem, just let me know so I don't pick some up.

Martin

1. BEEBLEBROX82 (own)
2. Paintballdude
3. CaptainMorgan (own)
4. Inthetundra
5. Luckkky13
6. Railoffroader2

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
1. BEEBLEBROX82
2.Dudley
3. Paintballdude

You can put me at the back of the list though, I did mine a bit more than last year, came out like chocolate milk looking. I would just like to change it to get rod of the extra crap that I didn't get last time.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
So how are you doing this again? When I did mine I took off my wheel, drained the fluid, let the car down a bit to make sure I got as much as I could out, jack back up, and fill to the top. I got some on my brakes last time and that wasn't fun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how are you doing this again? When I did mine I took off my wheel, drained the fluid, let the car down a bit to make sure I got as much as I could out, jack back up, and fill to the top. I got some on my brakes last time and that wasn't fun.
I put the Car up on ramps, no removing of wheels required, remove the fill plug, remove the drain plug, let it sit and drain, then route a hose through the engine bay into the diff.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Martin, that is awesome of you to do this.
I am going to do mine today while I am doing my front pads, otherwise I would take you up on this offer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Martin, that is awesome of you to do this.
I am going to do mine today while I am doing my front pads, otherwise I would take you up on this offer.
Just my way of giving back to this great community, hope the brake swap goes smoothly!

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
1. BEEBLEBROX82
2. Dudley
3. Paintballdude
4. CaptainMorgan
5. Inthetundra

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Royal Purple only 19.99 a quart :dead: I guess I should be happy I only need one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts