DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do intrepids (specifically 97 3.5s) have any form of limited slip differential or do they completely free spin.

Both of the intrepids I have owned were previously owned by the elderly and driven pretty easy, and when I got them I remember both being able to spin both wheels (to some extent, but they were always right wheel biased) although after having them for a few years both seem to become completely right wheeled. Is it all in my head or is there something that I am wearing out?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I know when i stoped on pavement stalled out the converter and took off, both weels spun for about 4 foot and then it hooked and took off, both wheels always spin except in the snow, and in the mud....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Starnerf said:
They are open from the factory, but there are aftermarket LSDs available.
Phantom Grip
i think that answers your question.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I beata firebird ina ES said:
i think that answers your question.
Just to clarify, you are seconding that statement and verifying it as true....or are you simply restating it, because if one member believes it they can't possibley be incorrect.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ok, if you don't believe the one who responded to your question, listen to some one who has had it out on the floor, it is open, no factory LSD.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
No 42LE transaxle is equipped with an LSD from the factory.

Man.... I gotta get me one of these! Along with a few other mods! :)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
If both tires spin, it's because traction was equal on both sides.
The nature of an open differential is the torque will go to the side with the least resistance. Remember the main purpose of a differential is to allow the drive wheels to turn independant of each other for cornering and stability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts