DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony 5.0 Megapixel digital camera which I put on charge today as I wanted to use it. I am using a universal travel charger set a 3.3 volts which is the voltage of the battery. When I connect it I get a light to show that its charging and after a few minutes the light goes out as if its fininshed charging. I the turn on the camera and withing a few seconds the power light flashes and the camera switches off due to lack of power. Do I need to increase the charge rate? Any ideas anyone?
Rgds Max

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I think we're gonna need more details than what you provided.

I'm guessing that you are using a universal AC adapter and are trying to power up your recharging unit with it. There are a couple things that I can think of right away that could affect the functionality of the charging device. Check the actual charger to see if it lists what its power requirements are. If not, here is what I see as problems.

First is what you mentioned, the voltage. Second is the amperage. For example, I'm looking at my battery charger for the Canon EOS 10D and it says 8.4V DC 1.2A while the battery only reads 7.4V 1100mAh. My cellphone charger says 6.25V 350mAh while the battery only lists the voltage and 3.25V.

So the short answer is, there's really no way to tell what kind of voltage let alone amps you should be putting to that charger in order to make it work correctly if it doesn't say on the charging unit itself.

If it was me, I'd check eBay for recharging units. They are rather inexpensive there for these type of things.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The charger is a multi voltage/country type that came from circuit city or the like. Its brand new and nas never been used here or overseas. I think what I will have to do is try to find the one supplied with the camera but we have so many adaptors its easy for them to get missplaced.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I hear ya on the misplacing part. I can't seem to find the charger for my Casio Cameras--I think it's in the car.

But yeah, seriously check out eBay for that stuff. It's hella cheaper on eBay to buy batteries and chargers. For my Casio, the charging unit, both AC adapter and car adapter, another battery AND shipping cost less than going to buy just the universal AC adapter from a retail store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts