DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned the "Black Beast" for a smidge over 2 yrs. now and you know what? Little kids are murder on a car. I have 2 and they're both 7 and 8. They're the most careless youngsters I know of! My poor rear doors look like somebody with a Ball-Peen Hammer beat the hell out of them. my kids just slam the carr doors open and could care-less about what they're opening them up to. So my question is how can i fix up all these dings. Plus I've got all these scratches all over the place as well as swirls. My once shiny gloss black yummy finish now resembles a hooptie clown car HELP ME PLEEZ!!!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
If the dings are located in the middle of the panels you can look into those dent removal places...paintless and pretty easy from what i have heard. Mine had the same thing where it got some hail damage...as you can see from some of the pics on my cardomain site, i ended up filling and sanding the whole thing down. Might not be the way to go with just a couple scratches but is one option.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I also have kids, and a black Intrepid. So therefore, I have the same dings on my car.
If the dings are knife-edged you can forget it. If they are bowl-shaped, you can pull them out somewhat. I bought that ding-king device, and it has really worked well for pulling dents out of my car. The good people of Boston could care less as to how many dings they cause from doors allowed to fly free. The sheet metal they used on the first gens is nothing short of weeny. A stiff breeze will cause a dent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts