DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows any good products (not a plunger cause there really small) to get rid of hail dings, and the little scratches, I got the exact match paint color for my car but it looks like its nail polish when applied.... any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Spyder

P.S.
I see alot of Intrepids with those white stripes, is that factory or done by them vinyl stickers? If stickers or paint where can I get them and how much! :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
There are some products out there that supposedly "remove" scratches from paint. However, the dings in your car from hail and shopping carts are a different story. While they're too small to be pulled with a suction cup, you can't really get them out unless you get behind the sheet metal and work them back out with a small block of wood or rubber block. They dont' require a lot of effort, so you only need to apply a small amount of force where the ding is. It then should come out pretty nice.

And what white stripes on the Intrepid? Racing stripes?? I haven't seen any other car with racing stripes cept mine and another car in the member's pictures section. Must be some other graphics I havent' seen yet... :confused:

·
Registered
562 Posts
You might be able to get some of those dings out in the summer. Its not a sure-fire thing, but it CAN work. Cover your car in tarp and let it bake in the sun for a little while. Little tip I learned :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
I duuno, I am not a scientist. However, it did remove a few hail dents in my ex-g/fs car.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah how the **** is that really supposed to work damn.

as for the hail why dont you let the insurance pay for it just wondering bro? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Insurance doesn't cover things that were in the car when I bought it :( I would do the rubber block thing, but I don't know how to get the stfu door panel off :p

Spyder

P.S. No Response from the Mitsubishi dealership about the spyder logo just yet..

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
dry dry-ice, old tiem fix, sometimes works,. sometimes dosen't, i also rembmer usging a blow tourch heat the spot up til it pops up then bash it down with a hammer, but ya have to get behind teh metal so tha tmakes it kidan hard

·
Registered
502 Posts
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
find a chilton or haynes book from the library.
Libraries don't charge you $30!!! I didn't tell you to buy it. Read harder next time.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: ATFCharger ]

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
dry ice works well when it is warm... but I found that liquid nitrogen works even better :) just some of the perks of working in the chem department at a college. as for the scratches.. good luck, I would like some advice on that too.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
how hot was it out when ya did the dry ice/nitorgn trick, i tried it in like 50 degree weather and the results weren't that great. i wanan either try it when it is wamrs, or heat the spot up with a torch then do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts