DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Discovery Shuttle Launch from July 4th! (Pics!)

Always wanted to watch a Shuttle Launch live since I can remember. Moved to Florida 2 years ago and there wasn't many happening. Took my 3yo daughter over to the coast this afternoon and here are a few pics. The roar of the engine after it took off was amazing. I loved it. It's awesome to see in person.

·
Registered
603 Posts
sweet...I had my kids come into the room and watch it on TV. They liked it. I did notice that at about 3000mph there was some foam that came off....Hopefully it was nothing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am jealous! I have always wanted to see a launch. I was in Florida for my honeymoon and did not realize that there was a launch a couple of days after we left for home. Had I known that I would have extended the honeymoon a few more days.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I would love to see a launch. I did fly over Cape Canaveral once low enough to see the shuttle on the launch pad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 more....

Both taken after the launch. Took the pic of the Vehicle Assembly Building in the backround with the people still watching the bright dot in the sky. Just an awesome place to watch the launch

Space View Park in Titusville, FL.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for posting these lowmazda. I lived in North Florida for a couple of years and have only been to the Cape once when there weren't any launches. Always wanted to see one but was never in the area at the right time. I envy you!!! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.