DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my intrepid to show off the brilliance of its black color. I want to wax it myself but I'm afraid I'll do it wrong. I would hate to spend a lot of money and then have it mucked up the next day or something by muddy rain. Anyways, what do you guys think? I'm not very experienced with waxing the car, I have Meguiars ClearCoat Wax...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Do it yourself. It's really easy to do by hand. Unless you using some mechanical buffer, but that isn't need to just wax your car.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I agree with everyone else. You can do it by hand your self. Just take your time. First time through will be the most work but once you get your car clean and waxed it will be easier to keep clean and looking good.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My car got a good glaze when she was about 6 months old. My father took it in to the dealership he bought it from to have it fully detailed at no charge. Looked hella sweet!

I wouldn't pay to have it done when it can be done by yourself. Chet posted a great link, and like a few people have allready said, wash-clay-wax. Works great!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I recommend all their products highly. I have the detail spray and clay bar, the buttery wax, the VRT, applicator sponges, and the under carriage spray. All awesome. You'll know what each is if you watched the videos. If you are going to order anything, use the coupon code "spring" to get 15% off.
I just picked up another 25 pack of microfiber cloths at WalMart for 10 bucks too. They are indispensable for detailing your car.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Here ya go brother

Click the link, then click your choice and watch a pro show you how it's done, start to finish. It's advertisement, but very helpful for a beginner. Right click, select zoom, and full screen for a large picture.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/
Great video for those who are new to car care. Thanks Chet!!! Watched the whole vid. LOL
It made me remember a few things I had forgoten or to lazy to do. Well worth the watch even if you already know what your doing!!!
Adams products, used on Audi, Benz, Lexus etc. Do a google search. See who carries it. Detail shops, High End car places. Custom shops. Sorry no Auto zone.. etc.... go figure

High End car .................... Like my Intrepid.:icon_cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts