DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
So I really suck at keeping this updated.

So far I have been to 2 straight line track days, running my best of 10.163 @ 69.77mph in the 1/8th mile running a 50/50ish mix of 91 octane and 100LL.

August 3rd I am attending a 'Driver Training' track day. Its like time attack but on a smaller scale.

Car is running great after the electronics swap, have a 300M Special cluster swapped in (in kms) and fixed my exhaust flex pipe and welded the cracked manifold. After getting used to the half open manifold sound, my car is so quiet, but it has plagued me with discovering more things to look after.

This year I have replaced a Lower control arm, swapped in another upper strut mount (repurposed from a wreck FTW!!) And changed out my drivers side CV shaft.I guess after 16 years and over 300,000kms the factory boots have gotten quite brittle.

I do plan to replace my passenger side CV shaft over the winter, just to be on top of everything, also need to replace the power steering pump as it does make a bit of noise under throttle, the crank pulley is wobbling so I may replace the belt and tension pulley at the same time. Looking at replacing / upgrading the electric fans as well as upsizing the transmission cooler and repurposing the the factory transmission cooler to be the oil cooler.

Lots in store for her, color has been decided on, just need to pick the right tone. Will be different that is for certain, but don't worry 'Irontrep' will still be around for a little while yet.

·
Registered
14,682 Posts
You are right, you haven't posted in a while. Seems the list is still growing. Have fun at the track.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Brake ducts came from a Police interceptor intrepid. I got these ones from a forum member, and I am not sure he either got lucky in a yard and found them, or got them from another member.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I love the H&R's, I do throw in coil spring spacers on straight line days to reduce the squat. Looking at a second set of them to reduce squat further, maybe shave down a bit on my 60 foot times.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I love the H&R's, I do throw in coil spring spacers on straight line days to reduce the squat. Looking at a second set of them to reduce squat further, maybe shave down a bit on my 60 foot times.
I am in the process of doing some suspension work and should have a set in my hands in the next few business days! Nice to know you like em! After I get the suspension done it's time for more straight line stuff like what you got going on!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I do the straight line because its local and it's a lot of fun. I am getting into some time attack esque as well, mostly racing against the clock and yourself.

Also discovered the other day while she was on the hoist and we were discussing the rear suspension, my gas tank has a drain plug. Not sure if this was on every LH or a select few, I have had the car for nearly 8 years and only just noticed this. It is on the drivers side of the tank, I will take pictures next time I am under that part of the car.

Oil change tomorrow and wiring in the power and ground for Autostick *FINALLY* and hoping to hit up a yard on Monday before the track for a few little pieces. I think my Power window switches are giving me a rough time, drivers window will always express down but seems like no signal for up or down.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
I really need to find better online hosting of pictures. Photobucket took a dump, and Flickr is just weird now...

When I find that I will have quite the massive photo update to do!!

Also picked up the next big part of my next mod, lots more pieces to pick up and make yet, will be getting installed in the spring.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
I will need to check it out at home one evening. I will need a place to dump a bunch of photos for the upcoming mod, not to mention I need to upload pictures of my new seat yet too!!. Sad thing is over winter it will be boring, but the 2 week thrash in the spring, then some time to work out some kinks should hopefully more than make up for it ;)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Really need to get parked away for winter. Diet and other mods to be completed in the early spring. Need to get them done so I stop 'project shopping'

The RECARO was just the beginning ;-)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #258

Boom.

Seat has been installed, very supportive, hugs like grandma.

I still need to upload more of my next mod pictures, but we did a photoshoot while doing work on the front suspension, so hopefully that tides you guys over!

Until next time!!

241 - 260 of 273 Posts