I'll be getting the stroker block hot tanked and de-greased, then I'll look into scrubbing the block down with various wire brushes. I know I could do a much better job but leaning over and the engine 'hanging' made it a bit of a struggle. This was solvent, stiff bristle brush, about 3 different stainless wire brushes and some brake clean.
Also got the transmission mounted, and dropped pan to change the filter and replace the pan with the modified one for the transmission temp sensor and reinstalled the cooler lines. Next step is to mount and route everything for the rear mounted washer fluid reservoir.
New video will be up later but I did get a fair amount accomplished this past weekend.
Swapped new plugs in, very straight forward, put a bit of silver anti-seize on the threads and make them snug them down.
6 quarts of transmission fluid poured in. No where near full but was enough to verify the pan doesn't leak. Thankfully the pan does not leak so all is well there.
A bit more grinding on the crossover pipe (feeds both sides of the exhaust to the Turbo), got it cleaned up and a couple coats of paint on it.
Crossover pipe installed. I had originally wanted to wrap the pipe with exhaust wrap but after a discussion with a friend we came to the conclusion that because of how low it sits, it had a higher probability of being snagged by road detriment and becoming a hazard. The installation process was involved as well, requiring some pipe bashing, colorful words and removal of additional engine bay pieces, it lost a lot of the paint from scraping on other bits and pieces, but it's in and mounted in place.
Turbo bolted to crossover pipe. This was also a bit of fun since only 2 of the 4 bolts are easily accessible, and putting a gasket in this time resulted in a bit of frustration due to turbo orientation, but its in and tightened down and hopefully won't leak this time.
Washer fluid hose on the hood side, straight forward. Was able to reuse OEM pieces to cut back some cost, added zip-ties to the end of the nozzles to assist in keeping the hose on. (vacuum hose, mostly insurance due to age)
Did a bunch of grinding on the pipe that goes from the turbo to the engine. Mostly cleaned it up so I could paint it and put heat reflective tape on it.
Did some general cleaning on a few parts, got the valve covers soaking to take years of poor maintenance off them internally
Slowly but surely the lists and piles of parts is gradually getting smaller, still a handful of things I need to purchase, but the 'large' projects to get the car back on the road are getting to be fewer and fewer, hopefully be starting the car soon!
Probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but on your turbo cooling lines (I assume that's water cooling), that water is going to be super-heated, so don't use 'normal' rubber lines for the return line and anything it dumps into - silicone hose is needed. Generic heater hose-type rubber won't last more than a few hours - all the chemical-flexible goodness will quickly bake out of it and it will get brittle and weak and rupture. I learned that on a turbo Subaru I used to have.
Some time has passed and I have made 'some' progress, life happened and kept me away from the car.
Was/is running! But has a small miss and I need to replace the gauge for the fuel pressure regulator (reads under 20PSI), need to finish filling the cooling system and the transmission but she runs and nothings leaking!!
House fire. Was electrical, and the house itself was saved, lots of smoke damage tho and power was cut off so no power in the shop and it became a storage area for stuff so the car is slightly buried and surrounded by stuff. I have about a weekends worth of work to do to it (adjust fuel pressure, hang the exhaust, replace coils and bleed the cooling system, top up transmission, replace lower front suspension parts) and then I can start driving it again. Then I just need to mount the washer fluid reservoir in the trunk and run the wires to it as well.