DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Great job on the swap Time, I knew you'd come around on joining 3.5 club ;)

was it hard to install the over head counsel ? what did you have to do and you should really get some filler and fill in that hole thats there from the sun roof controls lol but good job hope its on the road
It's relatively easy, run some wires, cut a hole and bolt it in.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Just now getting around to watching the vid... awesome dude! Longest 3.5 swap project evar! :D

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Just now getting around to watching the vid... awesome dude! Longest 3.5 swap project evar! :D
I dunno, I think I may have the longest one... Tim and need to compare notes. Hehe

Congrats again!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You know what you need to do now? Dump that Spitfire and get some Special exhaust. That will do that awesome motor...and the transplant recipient thats been through so much some justice, lol.
I will get some footage of the spitfire now that she is hooked up. She has just enough of a snarl under light load that it has already scared a few small children lol

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I dunno, I think I may have the longest one... Tim and I need to compare notes. Hehe
I sat down and I figure if I put all of the time I 'actually' worked on the swap, (not putzing around with other crap) I could have had it done in about 4 working days lol. I just spread the work load out from like April til last week :D

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So I have 1000kms on the engine since the swap, and I am having an oil leak issue. Have it narrowed down to the dipstick tube o ring. Anyone have a guess what size it is??

Also, is it a complete wiring harness swap over to get the 300M's climate control? or is it just a section that is plug and play??

Still have to swap in my HID's, chrome handles, do the fix for P0551 and I shouldn't be throwing any codes either. Have to swap a couple pieces of glass as well and maybe pick up some paint for a small idea I have..

Pictures coming soon!!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
migh be just the video but kind of sounds meaner with the 2.7 and cats
with the cats I do a rather unsafe 'trick' into fooling the car (young and stupid on my part, didn't think through the course of my actions) into not being in gear so I can rev it up to about 6500rpm while not moving.

With not having many miles on the 3.5 yet I chose not to do the same trick.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
With your foot *FIRMLY* on the brake pedal slowly shift from park to reverse

There should be a 'dead-spot' where you are not in park and not in reverse, won't light up on the dash to say where your at.

Welcome to red-line revving ability.

Its not safe because it could shift into park, which may cause some issues(never had it happen) or shift into reverse at upwards of 6500rpm which I can just assume your transmission may not enjoy that, or whatever is behind you may cause substantial damages to your car

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If you watch the 2.7 spitfire video, you will notice before the last rev I sit in the vehicle to do it and it is held longer and slightly louder.

I can make a 'how-to' video on what it looks like.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I plan on getting a video of me having her on the road. Had her chirp into second gear the other night because I was showing off acceleration on the highway lol

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I plan on getting a video of me having her on the road. Had her chirp into second gear the other night because I was showing off acceleration on the highway lol
So..whats it feel like? Cant wait to do mine this spring!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have friends scared of it already, and I can attribute all of my squealing tires on my cheap Nexxan Tires. But man does it make people do a double take that an intrepid is squealing through an intersection from the drop of a hat

Will, you will love it, its about 4x as responsive as the 2.7 was. I don't know if it's the gearing or what but under mild acceleration if you let off before shifting it feels like your in low gear, kinda barks back down sort of.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Sooo....

Since I have the entire wiring harness in the gold car (es model) I was debating ripping out my interior and swapping over to the different wiring to have the auto stick running properly (don't ask, I messed up somewhere and now when I try to upshift I turn cruise on) and I can swap the dash at the same time AND wiring in for ATC from the 300M

I was / am planning on pulling the dash out for a minor mod and my dash currently has cracked pretty bad.

Is this biting off more than I can chew??

·
Registered
345 Posts
A complete 300m for $458? That's stupid cheap. Do you know WHY it was in the junkyard in the 1st place? It doesn't look wrecked and the engine's good so... :wtf:

21 - 40 of 287 Posts