DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

121 - 140 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I like these as well, but would be best fitting on a nice euro colour lol, BRG or a dark grey mettalic... could pull it off with a darker shade of my Dark garnet red pearl

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Looks like paint and new rims are pushed further away. May end up getting reman'd calipers all around and pricing out new axles, because that's about the only thing I can think of I haven't replaced yet.

Eventually she will go from garage hermit to driving and enjoyment

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Spent more money today
Rear caliper ordered - $75 after tax (due to the cost and shipping, just getting the one that NEEDS replacing for now)

Purchased 2 more bolts for the brake calipers

Ordered my 10 hub studs. And as long as the weather stays decent enough, should be completing the brakes and knuckle swap this weekend, as well as tackling my autostick wiring and then finishing the intake.

Hopefully have her back on the road for next week! Need to get her shaken down and ready for the first race of the season in May!!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Caliper is on, new rotor on, pads installed only to discover I need more wd-40 or nut buster for the removal of the factory line off of the back of the caliper.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Rear caliper installed.

Front Knuckles swapped over.

Front brakes upgraded.

One chrome handle installed, the other 3 may get done Friday after work.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
My car 'was' a base model that came equipped with factory 15" steel wheels (though, not sure what trim it would be now...). I swapped the knuckles over from one of my parts cars that was factory equipped with 16" alloys. It basically allowed me to get ever so slightly bigger front rotors.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
No problem!! My car started life in Dark Garnet Red pearl (burgundy) And I am slowly growing attached to my multi colored 'junkyard built beater' look.

Just need to figure out my tail light issue now. All lights work except my RH side running light. Signals work, reverse works, brake light works, and I tried swapping in a working bulb and still no luck.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Got 3 of my 4 chrome handles done. Discovered that my rear passenger door inner handle surround has a nasty crack in it, so I didn't want to risk breaking it more and not having a working door handle. I have spare door cards so it's not a big issue.

Got a quote for my paint and body work. $5000 for a complete respray and colour change really not that bad, but I do need to replace my hood for sure, and I may look at a custom hood at the same time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's about the same price give or take a dollar that I have been quoted here in Michigan. If I had a place to paint it I would do mine myself. Rubbing out is the pain in the Arse part.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
$5k on paint is nothing. I have $3100 in the suspension (drop springs, struts, various other parts needed to be replaced) plus my brakes, exhaust, and various other things I have done. And add in that my car is a 1999 with 275,000kms on the body, she isn't worth anything if I try to sell her lol

121 - 140 of 287 Posts