DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering,does duel exhaust sound different than single, I mean if I were to split a y pipe after the 3rd cat on my 3.5 and run a 2" pipe down each side to a flowmaster 40 series would it sound different than having one 2.5" pipe out to a single 40 series flowmaster

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Well, in a duel you've got two guys with pistols shooing at each other from what, 10 paces away.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
yes it would sound TOTALLY different

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Just the way it is lol. You throw a single 40 series on our cars it will sound nice, you do dual's it just makes it a completely different sound. And that also changes depending on if you have duals with 1 muffler or 2. I like one muffler personally, but both of them will sound way different then a stock exhaust with a flowmaster. Hell you pick out 5 cars with varying exhaust and i could tell ya what is a single, what is a dual, what is a dual with 1 muffler or 2 mufflers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so are duels louder, quieter, deeper, raspier, more resonant? ... I know I'm a pain in the ass but if you say you can tell the difference so easily perhaps you could describe why. Trying out different exhaust systems for sound is a little pricey so I'm hoping to hit a note I like on the first try.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Sry it was late and i was tired haha. You throw a single muffler on it will give the car a throatier sound and a nice lower tone to it. But if you do duals it adds a gurgle type of sound, similar to mustangs and camaros. IF you do 2 mufflers it will have that sound still, but its slightly more muffled but still have a nice tone, but if you do duals with one muffelr it will give a very nice gurgle to it and sound great. Send me your email i can send you a video of mine

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey I'm interested in lookin at that video, just tell me what exhaust setup it is. I'm shopping around now and I want a sick one to go along with the kit. I was thinkin of quads, what do you think?

send that vid to [email protected]

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
you got mail buddy

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
sent let me know if they coem through

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
its spelled............DUALS

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Just FYI, last yr at carisle i was pretty much a walking fab shop, cutters, welders, full tool set etc. I will not have all that this year. Unless someone needs something done, say an exhaust on a 2nd gen? IF we do what we did for Bruce i can have an exhaust doen for you in about 3 hours hehe. But seriously, if anyone needs anything done let me know, i need soem extra $$ haha and i can bring some stuff, but only if people need something done. So just let me know

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Most likely not, espically on these cars i mean ya may get a couple HP but nothing drastic, i just did it for the looks and sound and i succedded in both for my taste so

·
Registered
273 Posts
Gr8... You should also have a vid of my setup... Which is the other setup discussed...
I went with two Flowmaster 40's... Sounds good... Little more quiet than the one 40...
I still get a gurgle... Just not as prominent as Gr8's. I'm thinking once these mufflers go (years down the road)... I might go with the single 40... BUT... Let it be noted, that the exhaust pipe is done differently in both of our cars... Mine is Y-piped off of the cat, and then splits where the stock muffler was... Gr8's is a single pipe following the stock pipe, with the dual, coming off the main pipe between the wheels.
Hope I didn't confuse... LoL...
If you don't have the video anymore Aaron... I think I have it on my computer at home... Let me know, and I'll email it out.
Kenny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts