DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Brooklyn yesterday to visit my sister and on the way home I passed through Baltimore. The Fort McHenry tunnel is normally four lanes running in each direction but because of construction 2 lanes were closed so everyone had to squeeze into two lanes. I waited fifteen minutes just to get into the tunnel. I get in and am driving down the left lane when all of a sudden traffic just stops. I look up and there's a sign that came on that said x-stop y-go. I'm thinking some moron up ahead doesn't know how to drive and caused an accident so I had to shift lanes (of course no will let you in) so I cut off a bus. What was the blockage - a piece of crap "oh so reliable what a feeling Toyota Camry" that broke down. What's normally a 5 minute ride turned into 25 and seeing something like that makes grateful that I don't buy Japanese and buy into all the hype of reliability.

·
Registered
890 Posts
LMAO I had a funny incident 2 days ago.

I was comming home from the gym and i see this guy pushing his honda accord fart exaust altezzas and everything. It was raning alittle and i felt sorry for the guy. SO i helped him push it to the gas station.

I asked whats wrong he said the car just shut off he had done some header work and came from the shop. SO i went to my house to get some jumper cables and i didnt even work.

I felt sorry for the guy but it comes to show you, Imports arent better than american.

ITS HOW YOU TREAT YOURE CAR.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Hey BK, I live in Baltimore and use both tunnels frequently. I feel for you, it totally sucks when it's only 2 lanes but to have a breakdown, whoa that can be some kind of ugly. You're right about no one wanting to let you in, when there is a bunch of traffic there it's motor city madhouse. Even worse with the new booths that the cars have a sensor and can keep going thru the special booths. It always creates extra excitement.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Of course Japanese and American car quality is the same, if both cars are made in AMERICA, most japanese cars are made in Canada/America now.

The camry/accord u speak of was probably made in canada/mexico.

Cars acutally made in Japan do have better quality.

I don't know if u guy's noticed, but american cars are built for 3 years because they sell more cars to fleets than they do people. Not all their cars of course, but most of them are built to last for 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts