DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Started My Car One Fateful morning moved it out on the street Curb in front Of My house, the car started and drove fine, No Rattling, everything was Fine, When I was done, went back to pull back in Driveway, all of a sudden, out of Nowhere Rattling noise emerged, sounded like a pulley rubbing on a bolt thats sticking out. I couldn't remember doing anything under the Hood in the past few days Besides changing the alternator that went out, but that was a few days ago and I have been driving the car daily with no issues up until now, no weird noises or rattling. So, this is completely unbelievable that a car I just started and Moved will start Rattling after sitting for a Few hours, I Know nobody touched it either while It was sitting there...... I remove the upper radiator support and looked around everywhere in there to see if I can find anything out of the ordinary or metal shavings or any sign of anything that would be contacting any Moving part, But couldn't find anything from the top or bottom.

So at this point I'm suspecting the noise/rattling must be coming from behind the timing belt housing cover, since I don't see anything on the outside... I wasn't sure exactly what could've came loose behind there.. I tried to record a video, but My Phone could not capture/transmit the Noise as I could hear it. But, I found a video on Facebook that duplicates the same exact rattling as I'm having. But, after watching His Vid, I'm thinking My Water Pump could've went out too.. I know his engine is not a V8 not a V6 Or even a 3.5.. But, He thinks it's His water pump, so did everyone suggest, so, could this be same as what I'm looking at here?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/91697301066?view=permalink&id=10157333598581067&preview_rid=10157334653846067

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to tighten the nut to the belt tensioner pulley?
your link doesn't go to anything.
I wouldn't make a mistake like that, I double checked and triple checked every bolt and everything is tight.
I can click on the link and it takes Me to the Video. You should be able to get to it as well..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts