·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: linuxglobal

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
what do u want to do with that 4 million candlepower flashlight. those are great for blackouts for in the neighborhood. When we had that blackout in 04. i used 3 of those and lite up the entire block. i gave one to my neighbors so they can play cards in there house. Lit up the entire downstairs. everyone thought they had electric. It was fun. Soooo trying to hook up that bulb to the car for a headlight. Talk about blinding people. lolol

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are u guys talking about??? Im not trying to hook it up to a car headlight, i already have a retro LOL.... and I just had some parts to play around with so i made an oversized HID flashlight HEHE....

its HID powered at 35W to replace its original 130W bulb

At 130W = 15 million candlepower
at 35W it has 30M candlepower.

You guys havent seen these pics yet LOL

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL i wish...

Those pics are from another member who has the same setup from CAli.

Canada is big but we all live in the city despite what most ppl think LOL..... you have to go on a nice 4 hr road trip to see some nice scenery in Algonquin park

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
95Intrepisize said:
Okay, HOW much do I have to pay to get an HID light like that one pictured,

I NEED ONE!
The one pictured is the same as mine.

My setup so far is
- 45$ for the flashlight
- hid equipment (ballast and bulb
- cpu cooling fan

Im not done with it yet...

right now its at 35W and putting out 30M candle power
- the second switch isnt used as of yet, it will be for the supercharged feature of the ballast to get 70W out of the bosch al so im hoping for 60M candle power or around there.

I have to see how much its all gonna cost(prob ~ 170$USD). I think the same company (THOR) makes an hid version for like 100$ USD??? but i wouldnt trust their Hid HEHE.... im using an oem ballast from a bmw e46 (bosch al 2nd gen). i had the parts leftover from a retro so i wanted to test it out, its soo much fun at night LOL...

Ill get more pics for you guys, i just need a really foggy day.... then ill see where the beam ends. :vroam:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IS300M said:
costco sold a handheld HID at one time
ya thats the one i was talking about... i think it was 80-100$.... it was a US costco only LOL... Canadian stores always get the ghetto items. We only have the halogen one.

Thanks for the comments guys. :band:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts