DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else's Yahoo page look like this? Mine has been this way for about 2 weeks or so. It's only my IE Yahoo! that looks like that. On Netscape, it looks like Yahoo!'s normal webpage. I know it's a trial thing, but I was just wondering just how many people get this trial version on their computer.

Notice how everything fits on one screen? No ads, no need to scroll down. Nothing. Just the essentials.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nope, my yahoo looks like this.

you might try clearin your cookies, internet temp files and choose these options in Internet Options.

Click on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
Dbl Click on "Internet Options"
Click on Settings in the "Temporary Internet Files" Section and you'll see this screen:

select "Every visit to the page" and then OK to close the window. This tells IE to check for an updated page on every visit to that page. Let me know if this does/doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You don't seem to understand. I cleaned my files the other day, but not cause of this. And also, I do have "Every visit to the page" checked. My Yahoo! looks like this on purpose. Notice how in my screenshot, it says "WE ARE TESTING A NEW FRONT PAGE. Please send us your feedback."

I don't know how I got picked, or how many people get picked to get this new Yahoo! homepage, so that's what I'm asking. I'm sure if I cleared my cookies, it would probably resort back to your version of Yahoo!, cause I'm pretty sure it's not IP based since my netscape Yahoo! looks like your Yahoo! does.

I was just wondering if I'm the only person with that new page on this site.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Humm...it must be yours, I've tried it on both machines in the house and got the same thing that paulnsuzieque has...even in different browsers.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hmmm, my Yahoo Home Page is the "MyYahoo" sign in page. I never get the generic "Yahoo home page" unless I click on to it...

I opened my other browser and clicked onto the main Yahoo page and I have the old one, not the new test page...

·
Registered
276 Posts
try running ad-aware.
that to me looks like spyware
if the ad aware doesnt get rid of it then you need to find the program it came in on and delete that.
i've used yahoo since 97 and love it ,especially now that it has a 100 mb mailbox with a 10mb transfer
btw you can download adaware free from www.lavasoft.com

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's not adware or spyware or anything like that. It's just that I was randomly selected to get their beta version homepage. In fact, it's the opposite of spyware or adware in that I don't get any ads at all on that page, I love it. No animated crap going across the screen, nothing. Just a plain old search engine page.

As you can tell by the "We are testing a new front page. Send us your feedback." disclaimer, they are doing it on purpose. And when I do click on that feedback link, it asks me if I like the new front page, etc. So again, it's not spyware, adware or a hijacked homepage.

I was just wondering if I was one in a million with this new frontpage or if I was one in twenty. I'm thinking that since no one else gets their new frontpage like I do, that I might be one in a lot.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
check your hosts file it could be possible its redirecting you to another site,

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forget it. It's pointless. Why don't you guys just believe that it's just Yahoo's new test page? I already checked everything to make sure everything is legit. The document properties points to Yahoo!, the links are all current with my netscape version of Yahoo! which is NOT the new front page.

Why would you guys think it's not Yahoo? There's no ads, no popups, no additional links, nothing that would lead to thinking that it's a hijacked homepage. My homepage is set to www.yahoo.com, the source file reads www.yahoo.com, nothing about it is not Yahoo!. The survey leads to yahoo.com, everything is Yahoo.

Forget I even asked, I didn't realize everyone would try to figure out ways that it's not really Yahoo!.

For your consideration, here are two screencaptures done at almost the same time (within 1 second apart). Notice how the IE version is the straight to the point and NO ADS!

IE (the new front page)

Netscape (the regular Yahoo! front page)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts