DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
well, that answers the question I had wondered, what the charger was going to look like in Nascar, because off the production line, the Charger isn't close to as aerodynamic as the intrepid

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
From what I've read, with this new front end (because this looks nothing like the real car) there will be considerable downforce in the front----notice the flat spots under the headlights. The Chevys have had that for awhile now, and because of the shape of the Intrepid that couldn't have been done with it before, but you can now....I think it's going to be a good year.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from jayski's site : "Was asked to remove the Charger as it supposedly not the right scheme" i dunno if that means it not the right body type, or if its just not the right paint scheme.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Im not digging it all. Go back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Charger

I HATE that snooty nose, horrible. The spy photos do not look bad of the prototypes but I will be keeping my Intrepid since they did not make the concept car.

My Brother loves his '05 Magnum R/T but my Wife is not impressed with its looks.

Craig

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Ok everyone, lets remember what NASCAR is about...GOING FAST AND WINNING RACES. that car wasn't designed to look the best, it gives downforce without unnecessary drag.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Looks like a F$^%$king pigs nose. Freaking ugly big time. Time will tell if it works on the track.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
If it isn't built with looks in mind at all..... What's with the fake headlights, all those damn stickers and decals????

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
Justin said:
If it isn't built with looks in mind at all..... What's with the fake headlights, all those damn stickers and decals????
those are required by nascar smart guy...the car has to look like the street version somewhat.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
Justin said:
The stickers and decals are $$$$$ from the sponsors. Hell, I'd put stickers on my car if someone paid me enough ... :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wish that they would go back to the old days, full steel bodies of production cars using production engines. Just raise the minimum number of comercial units to reduce hyper-specialty vehicles that might take unfair advantage.

Craig

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
CraigStevenMiller said:
I wish that they would go back to the old days, full steel bodies of production cars using production engines. Just raise the minimum number of comercial units to reduce hyper-specialty vehicles that might take unfair advantage.

Craig
You'd have to raise it a lot to make that work. I bet Chrysler could sell 2,000 Superbirds - or something similar - today ... :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont think thats the final design from dodge now, reading some reports that the car failed really bad in aero testing and in "trafic" conditions, which wouldnt surprise me since the front looks like its flat and not rounded to let the air flow over the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you look at it long enough it kinda looks like a Storm Trooper. I'm trying to think if there was a black Dodge last year. If not, I think George Lucas should sponsor one for the next Star Wars that is coming out in May. Put a giant black cape on an all black Charger and instead of the screaming V8 sound coming from, howabout a 20K watt respirator hooked up to it......."Ray....IIIIiiiiiii am your sponsor..."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts