1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Chrysler is Canadian EH!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
no difference, except for the badging...and the steering wheel logo is different.

other than that its the same car.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There may be subtle differences such as km appearing in the odometer, cold package being standard and not an option but, as far as mechanical components, they would be the same.

Some years ago, a friend working in management at GM, told me some components such as battery, radiator were more heavy duty for the Canadian market than for the USA. If that still holds true, I don't know.

As for importing cars between borders, I know the measurements have to show metric for Canada and one needs to have the mods done before you can register the car and get plates. I was told of something similar for the American side.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
To add to that, Canadian models have daytime running lights standard. Also fleet cars have that as an option.

·
Registered
140 Posts
as for the kmh and mph that is on all vehicle just depend which one is on top.I have seen a few Dodge intrepids up here a friend actually has one.It would just take a bit to get used to which numbers are where.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I like the Chrysler steering wheel and the logo on the hood more than the dodge variety (I really used to like the stand up star Chrysler hood thing) but is there any way to disable daytime running lights? don't really see what that would have to do with canada.

·
Registered
140 Posts
there is a fuse under hood I disabled mine when I did my fog mod (on anytime).So I usually drive with fogs and running lights.

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
does the auto-lock thing work for the 96 intrepid? in the manual I saw something about a feature like this I believe.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
LeadFootLee said:
does the auto-lock thing work for the 96 intrepid? in the manual I saw something about a feature like this I believe.
It works go to the dealer or someone with a DRB tool and have them turn it on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gilbert said:
As for importing cars between borders, I know the measurements have to show metric for Canada and one needs to have the mods done before you can register the car and get plates.
I have 94 Dodge Intrepid registered & with plate that have miles in the odometer. I bought the car in Florida, brought it here, passed the inspection and got easily registered. The only thing I need to do is to put to put a controller that will turn on the lights when the engine is on, but I took it off after a couple of moths.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It works go to the dealer or someone with a DRB tool and have them turn it on.
cant you do the trick where you turn it on and off 4 times or whatever as seen in that thread?

·
Registered
997 Posts
if you import you don't need to switch to metric, but you do have to get daytime running lights installed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Nathan Clarke said:
if you import you don't need to switch to metric, but you do have to get daytime running lights installed.
The speedometer must show km/h AND the odometer must be labelled as being measured in miles, not km.

·
Registered
865 Posts
AND the odometer must be labelled as being measured in miles
hmm wouldnt have thought of that.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have A 2001 SE Chrysler (Canadian Intrepid), and the speedometer is NOT in Kms, it has the miles larger than the KMs......also has daytime running lights and an engine heater. Plus the stickers on the sunvisor for the airbag warning is in french as well as english.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts