DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys expirience what I am with these LED taillight and brake light bulbs. Does your signals blink twice as fast? I think that because the LED's have such a low current draw that my flasher circuit is recieveing more power than it should thus causing the overactive blinker. I like it, don't get me wrong. I wonder if it's legal though.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I called Jamstrait on my LED's fast blinking, they say it is because the trep doesnt have a variable load blinker

they assured me it isnt dangerous for bulb or wiring in any way just annoying

they sent me a set of inline resistors (at no cost after I dropped the site name and acted important) which worked perfect, all my blinker rates are normal now

I can get you the ohm resistance used if you think your 1st gen uses the same as my 2nd gen

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Dunno, that sounds like one of those things engineers completely redesign when there is absolutely no reason for it.:)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Knightmare_3.5 said:
Dunno, that sounds like one of those things engineers completely redesign when there is absolutely no reason for it.:)
there is a reason for it, the fast blinking is annoying as hell

as for the engineering aspect remember that these bulbs were not designed for our cars, they are a universal fit

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally, I don't mind the fast signals. I like to be different. But is it illegal? There seems to be an automotive standard out there. But really, the fast speed draws more attention which in the case of signaling a turn is a good thing right?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Interesting, I'll be getting the spoilerdepot custom spoiler, and it has a led bar on the back of it also. But the fast blinker will annoy me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts