DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well looks liek nascar has foudn a way to screw over something good. so anyway heres the story. when dodge signed on/ started there season last year the subbmitted an engine which was approved by nascar. when it comes to engines in nascar they type of v8 that they have is pretty much up to the enigne builder on the team. he has 2 options long skinny cylinders or wide short cylinders. dodge found that they can get a better advantage when they go with the wider shorter cylinder setup. now chevy and ford have chosen to go with the longer skinnier type. they kept on complaining (i woudl prefer to call it bitching/whineing/moaning and feeling sorry for their sorry a$$ selves) to nascar. now nascar has decided to make dodge change their engien setup to longer skinnier cylinders. with sterling marlin in the points lead by only 136 points this has the potential to really screw dodge in the points and finishes in the races becasue while dodge must go back and alter their whole engine ford and chevy (and im assuming pontiac as well) can jsut continue to perfect their engiens that they have had since the begining of febuary. Although nascar has let them now about this since martinsville, i am EXTREMELY disgusted by what nascar has done.:mad: :devil: :crazy:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Since the Dodge engine is still only in it second year of compitition, the rest of them are already scared of the upcoming possibilties of the engine. ie:hemi's of the 60's

·
980 Posts
Nascar has had a habbit of F#%&ing with dodge, as for the hemi do not expect that to make it to nascar, nascar has to approve all engines and I am sure they will not approve it.What is bad is nascar welcomed back dodge with open arms now it sounds like they are going to pull the same **** all over again.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
it's too bad nascar isn't about about the fun of speed anymore...example: when there wern't regelations on what you could do to the engine as long as it was in some factory cars. dodge got fast in the late 60's early 70's and everyone got scared and pretty much forced them out of competition. i understand safety but we need to make the choice not them. what nascar denies at the track is what we (the buyers) get denied.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe its not nascar? maybe its chevy and ford? i swear those guys are nothing but a bunch of god damned panzies! ooo their car is faster lets just ***** about it instead of actually doing something.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
maybe its not nascar? maybe its chevy and ford? i swear those guys are nothing but a bunch of god damned panzies! ooo their car is faster lets just ***** about it instead of actually doing something.
and the truth comes out...

actually, i think i remember them bitching about Dodge's engine a year before they even started back in Nascar...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been a NASCAR fan from 1968 and I'm used to them screwing with mopar cars. But this one is very bad. Nascar was with Dodge the whole time with this engine and now to do this! Also look at the nose of the car, they needed some help and they finally got it. But then Ford&Chevy cried so they took some of it back and look what has happened. They ain't running great now. Then Chevy cried that they needed help so mother NASCAR gave them an inch on the front. Well guess what, look at the chevys now, Gordon,Johnson,Waltrip ect. They are all up front with them fords. Now I read that Toyota wants to go NASCAR in 2005 and they have asked to use a overhead cam motor. They are testing in a truck at this time also, latest rumor is that NASCAR is giving them a 500lb weight break!!!!!!!!!!! Toyota is running the dash cars and they get to use a overhead motor, and yet GM and ford cars cannot, also they get a weight break.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nascar

Maverick9110E said:
somehthing has to be done!!:baaa: :baaa: :baaa:
Nascar is very partial to the needs of FORD! This drives me NUTS:crazy: ! I am a HUGE fan of Dodge and GM. Every time a someone goes for a change of their car.....FORD BUTTS in and wants a change too! If you have noticed.....FORDs have dominated this year.....Barely any Chevy's, Dodge's, or Pontiac's have won. The only Chevy's that have won.....( and last night was proof ! ) are DEI and Childress. Except For Johnson. Since there are more Fords in Nascar, I've noticed that they've always get what they ask for. And everybody else Gets the SHAFT! This is TOTAL B.S. Pontiac may only have 2 cars next year, because Gibbs may go Chevy. Only because Nascar waits till the last minute to give them the go ahead to change the front end. TOO lil TOO late! Something has to be done to Give FORD a taste of their own MEDICINE!

FORDS SUCK!:cool: :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
ddkracing said:
I've been a NASCAR fan from 1968 and I'm used to them screwing with mopar cars. But this one is very bad. Nascar was with Dodge the whole time with this engine and now to do this! Also look at the nose of the car, they needed some help and they finally got it. But then Ford&Chevy cried so they took some of it back and look what has happened. They ain't running great now. Then Chevy cried that they needed help so mother NASCAR gave them an inch on the front. Well guess what, look at the chevys now, Gordon,Johnson,Waltrip ect. They are all up front with them fords. Now I read that Toyota wants to go NASCAR in 2005 and they have asked to use a overhead cam motor. They are testing in a truck at this time also, latest rumor is that NASCAR is giving them a 500lb weight break!!!!!!!!!!! Toyota is running the dash cars and they get to use a overhead motor, and yet GM and ford cars cannot, also they get a weight break.
Where in the HELL did you hear about this Toyota B.S.?:confused:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Evidently Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, and Nascar are all in envy over Dodge's success. So they'll try anything to screw Dodge over.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you must not be a race fan

crombiekid23 said:
Evidently Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, and Nascar are all in envy over Dodge's success. So they'll try anything to screw Dodge over.
Wake up!!!! GM has nothing to do with it, they've had it just as bad as Dodge. Especially Pontiac. They just got they're first change all year, and they're probably worse off than an other manufacturer. Like I said Nascar is only partial to the needs of Fords........there are more Fords in Nascar than any other manufacturer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts