DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Intrepa said:
can yall imagine what the 07 intrepid would look like..
Cab-Forward large cars, along with FWD (in large cars) is dead with Chrysler. Along with the death went the Intrepid namesake.

No imagining, it was going by the way-side anyways regardless of the merger with Daimler.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Wraith came out in 1986 (I saw it when it came out, good movie), The Intrepid GSX was a 1996 hybrid concept (sorry, everyone already knows), and wish it went to production, but it didn't. I would like to see a body mod that looks like it but you can't get that windshield to hood angle.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Yeah, I'm not confusing the two, I just said it looked like the same designers could have been involved, albeit ten years later.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i dunno guys the esx looks pretty hot, i wish they kept them for the future but everyone is loving the new boxier design of the charger/300c.

·
Registered
453 Posts
They should have kept the design team working, well it does look like they had a hand in the second gen Intrepid, so I guess they did.

·
Registered
531 Posts
dakotaquadsport said:
Cab-Forward large cars, along with FWD (in large cars) is dead with Chrysler. Along with the death went the Intrepid namesake.

No imagining, it was going by the way-side anyways regardless of the merger with Daimler.
I hate to see that happen. I love big powerful RWD cars (building up a Plymouth Sport Fury w/ a 440 myself) but FWD makes life a lot easier for those of us who drive in rain and snow - greatly reduced hydroplaning and massively better traction for getting through snow. And the cab forward design is what gave our LH cars the tremendous interior room we all like so much, combined with the great handling. (I think having the wheels out closer to the corners does some good things for the way the sprung weight acts on it around curves etc.)

I love the new Charger and 300, would love to have one in fact, but if I ever want to replace my Intrepid, what is there to choose from? A Ford 500?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm saving my penny's for a 6.1L Challenger lol.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
.................. you mean like the Charger and 300 C ?

·
Registered
686 Posts
seeing as Chrysler seemed to fire all their good designers after about 2004, I'd wager a guess it would like a big boxy sedan with a Dodge Ram grill on it. Just about like every other car Chrysler has come out with since 2004.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts