DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing mine aftermarket CD player with original '97 Dodge Intrepid AM/FM/Cassette with CD CHANGER option. Problem is that I do not have a CD changer yet. The manual stands that with the AM/FM/Cassette I want to put in only Chrysler Corporation CD changer are compatible . So I am wondering if I should get original used Chrysler CD changer or I can use aftermarket one? The second thing is if I can put a 10 disk CD changer (radio has only 6 buttons for 6 disk CD changer) instead od 6 disk CD changer which can be operated from my AM/FM/Cassette.
Thanks for any suggestions!

mIRO

·
9,861 Posts
You can not use a aftermarket changer with the stock deck. Not unless you get one with an FM mod.

Why not just get a changer for your aftermarket cd player?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hypnos said:
Why not just get a changer for your aftermarket cd player?
Yeah, good question, but I am moving from US soon and when I move to my neighbourhood with nice aftermarket SONY inside, my door or window will last for one night only:mad: Stock radio is unknown there, so does Intrepid itself.

Oh, and why I can't use CD changer with FM mod? I thought it will work with all types CD players, AM/FM/Casettes...

·
9,861 Posts
I said you can.

But the sound quality will only match that of your FM radio. If thats fine with you, go for it.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
There are adapters for using I believe an Alpine after market changer with a Chrysler OEM radio. See Peripheral adapters for the model number...

·
9,861 Posts
dbaudiopro said:
There are adapters for using I believe an Alpine after market changer with a Chrysler OEM radio. See Peripheral adapters for the model number...
I stand corrected.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Where is the changer mounted, my 97 has the stereo to control the disc player, it even has a manual for the cd changer in the glove compartment, but neither it nor the main owners manual actually says where the 6 disk changer is in the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts