DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

How is the push bar on a Dodge Intrepid Police Interceptor, mounted on the car?
Is it mounted to the subframe?

This kind of push bar:

And where can I buy one? Does anyone of you guys have one that you want to sell to me including shipping to Sweden? :)

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
They are harder and harder to come by - here's a couple of photos from my installation. There are two brackets that mount to the front bumper bar, and a brace underneath that bolt to the frame on either end of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
16,613 Posts
It looks cantilevered, like if you pushed with much force at all, the adapter bar would act like a spring and allow the bumper bar to tilt back into fascia and hood. Do you think that's so, or is it more rigid than it looks?

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Not pictured were two additional 'L-shaped triangles' that connect from the bottom of the pushbar vertices to the lower brace pictured above. Keeps the pushbar from the fore/aft wobblies.

It was quite sturdy when properly assembled. :D

Was also a bit of a strain on the stock ES suspension though - definitely brought the front end down a bit. Then again, springs/struts were OEM with a looooot of miles on 'em.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I was easily able to stand and "bounce" on my push bar without any noticeable flex between the bar and car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As far as I have been able to tell, they are not available. You will have to fab your own brackets and use the front part from a crown vic or maybe from a newer Interceptor, they have a little more rearward curve to them. . I think Setina made the originals from what I remember. They chopped mine off before I got the car. The brackets are still there though. And, yes, they were pretty solid. Stronger than the aluminum ones on the newer Interceptors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts