DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came in today, but the box looks like it went around the world and back and kicked/punched/drowned/torn/opened/raped/pillaged.. but it appears complete considering I have no clue whats suppossed to be in it.

heres the contents for those interested:

Dodge Motorsports Blanket
One cool Dodge Motorsports coolerbag
Dodge Motorsports hat
Dodge Motorsports hatpin
Dodge windshield decal
Dodge Motorsports mini decal
Dodge Motorsports rain poncho
Dodge Motorsports umbrella <really nice!>
Dodge Motorsports Binoculars
Dodge Motorsports Koozie and water bottle
2 videos, Dodge Return to NASCAR and The History of Dodge
Dodge Motorsports stopwatch <in a cool case>
Dodge Motorsports Sharpie pen :D
Dodge Return to NASCAR poster
Dodge Motorsports pit pass holder
and
A really nice boxed Racing Champions 01 Dodge Intrepid R/T NASCAR Race Car 1:24 scale

Nifty keen, huh?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Any chance you can post some pics of the neater stuff?
By the way, there are 2 things missing from your RT pic...palm trees and the electrical plug for your block heater.
LOL Hahaha

Danny
capitalcity rt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
lol...I have one of those electrical block heaters on my 'Trep...why a New York dealer ended up with one of those is beyond me. Any little frivolous thing to make a couple bucks... :confused:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if u look on the windshield of my car, u will see a reflection of a palm tree that is in my front yard :) as for the block heater....well....theres just not enuff cold days in a century to really make much of a difference down here. heh

I also got the Dodge lettering on my windshield now
:D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Yup, on the passenger's side right by the battery connections. Tied up nice and neat, just like OTTOWRKR left it at the factory. :)

By the way, without divulging too much about who you are (we don't wnt you getting fired for giving out compnay info) what part of the plant do you work in OTTO?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the block heater comes with these things? or is it an option ??? :confused:

·
Registered
263 Posts
A block heater will save your butt when it reaches a core temperature outside of 30 degrees BELOW zero, and windchills up to 50 degrees BELOW zero... even with 5w30, it is VERY difficult to start your car.

My trep has 4 exact times in the 4 years of its life that it hasn't started... all greater than 30 degrees below zero.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
No, I've never used it...

Even if it was cold enough to use it...I wouldn't feel like messing around in the snow to wrap it back up and stow it away.

I just use the remote starter...I know it's not the same purpose...but it makes for a nice warm car in the winter. A must have in cold climates. (or a butler that starts your car for you)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Randy... it gets pretty cold every winter here, don't you think? It reaches extreme temps below at least a few days every winter... no?

(twice my trep didn't start, I was in Minneapolis...)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
A block heater will save your butt when it reaches a core temperature outside of 30 degrees BELOW zero, and windchills up to 50 degrees BELOW zero...
Just to make a point, automobiles aren't affected by windchill temps like we humans are. A car is only affected by ambient air temps.

Just my $0.02

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hi guys ,wow you do get some cool stuff in bag EH !!. So did I do a good job on your block heater??LOL Did you also know that with the block heater you also get a battery warmer ,its a blanket wrapped around the battery that keeps it nice and warm for those early morning starts.When you plug in the block heater you also keep the battery warm . So you want to know were I work ,HHMM thats top secret . All I can say is that I see your car when its about half built . Sorry thats all I can tell you .

·
Registered
558 Posts
I live in Ottawa, Canada, about a 3-3.5 hour drive NE of Syracuse, NY. It gets plenty cold here in Winter although I would rather be here than Minneapolis.
I park my car most times in the garage, which Thrasher seems to be missing, however if not, its good to know the car will start in the morning. Wind chills do not affect the freezing up of the car. This is the first time I've had both the block hearter AND a battery warmer at the same time. In Canada, if I'm not mistaken, this is standard stuff. Hence we pay an additional $8,000.00 for our RTs :)
Way, way up north, in Eskimo country, these guys empty their oil pan and bring the oil inside for the night, then drop the black stuff back in, in the morning. What a pain.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*grumble* yes, I do not have a garage, BUT I am going to invest in a car cover....my #@$%#$% cat likes to park his lazy ass on my car and i found some small kitty claw scratches on it....

I told the wife if I find the cat on my ride, he is going for a short ride with me.

cat's are useless.

he comes in, eats and leaves. doesnt hang around to play or socialize or anything...and if u don't let him out when he wants out, he'll take a dump on yer bed, or start clawing/busting out window screens or whatever.

stupid cat.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Next winter I will post a pic of my Black RT covered in white salt. Will take close-ups of nicks from the salt chipping and eating away at my beautiful Black car. Maybe I'll move to St. Pete's and beat off the cats instead. Cats? Salt? Hot? Cold? I'll take the hot cats. :) :) :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i'm glad yall are talking about the cold. i am from texas but i go to school at UND in grand forks, ND. i've survived a winter but my car has yet to try. i got a dodge dealer to install a block heater and they told me my pre-winter oil check to get 5w-30 which i figured. any ideas on how to keep the body, which is pretty immaculate, from damage in the salt and chemicals, and, more importantly, the drivetrain from the same?

thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts