DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I heard on speed vision that Dodge Announded they will end using the Dodge Intrepid for Nascar in the start of the 2005 year. They hope on bringing back either the Charger, or the Daytona.

Ask my honest opinion, try using a car they still produce! But wait, maybe there are some plans for their future. Either way, bullshit!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: Re: Dodge + Nascar + Intrepid = NO MORE!

Intrepid99 said:
Considering the Intrepid name will not be in use much longer...they are probably changing to a name that will be in use.
From what has been heard was that Dodge will quit making the Trep in Dec of this year. Dodge will make an announcement on what they have decided to take the Intrepids place in July 2004. The Intrepid will remain on the track til the end of the 2004 season, and the new design will make its debut Feb. 2005

·
Registered
47 Posts
the way NASCAR has [email protected]%$#@& with the trepid body shape (ie roof line) to make the cry baby chevy owners happy it's hard to call it an Intrepid anyway.the only thing that is Intrepid anymore are the head,driving and tail light decals.:mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
jim caddo said:
the way NASCAR has [email protected]%$#@& with the trepid body shape (ie roof line) to make the cry baby chevy owners happy it's hard to call it an Intrepid anyway.the only thing that is Intrepid anymore are the head,driving and tail light decals.:mad:
Well, its the otherway around, they did it to make the cry baby FORDS happy....All of these body changes were done under the Ford format...Chevy had nothing to do with it. They had to change too!

·
Registered
962 Posts
They way they make them all the same is stupid in my opinion. I think they should have to maintain totally stock lines for the cars.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Hartski said:
They way they make them all the same is stupid in my opinion. I think they should have to maintain totally stock lines for the cars.
That would rule out the new LX. I don't think a brick like that would do well at 200MPH. If they painted one brown and had DJ drive it, they could say he drives the big ugly brown truck. I think the lines of the current Intrepid would be to fast on the track.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That would rule out the new LX. I don't think a brick like that would do well at 200MPH
Dont forget the Trep replacment will not arrive till 2005 , it is not the Magnum or 300 .

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Can't wait!! To see the future!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Jus' Trepping said:
Can't wait!! To see the future!!!
Woo hoo me too!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
me 3 , this is the car I am really lookig forward to seeing . I love the 300C and the Magnum is nice but the Trep replacment will be our bread and butter car.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Chevy and ford are going to clean up a bit while the"trep" stlye car is gone....i.e fleet and rentals!

·
Registered
562 Posts
JapCrapHater said:
Well, its the otherway around, they did it to make the cry baby FORDS happy....All of these body changes were done under the Ford format...Chevy had nothing to do with it. They had to change too!
"There is nothing Stock about a stockcar" Harry- Days of Thunder
:D

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Sk8-4ever said:
I saw that movie again tonight for the 20th time on TNT. :crazy: :eek:

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Sk8-4ever said:
Amen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like Hartski and Sk8 said there is nothing stock about stock car. it is my opinion that all the manufacturers keep their lines and specs and let the boys run.

·
Registered
781 Posts
that's what american le mans, grand-am and similar circuits are for... real cars, almost equal output, different engines, mostly even except a few things, and mostly stock bodies (except for weight reduction, etc)
i really can't stand nascar... cart and formula are where it's at... especially on street circuits... god those are great to watch

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Kenundrum said:
that's what american le mans, grand-am and similar circuits are for... real cars, almost equal output, different engines, mostly even except a few things, and mostly stock bodies (except for weight reduction, etc)
i really can't stand nascar... cart and formula are where it's at... especially on street circuits... god those are great to watch
Cart and F1 suck. Go watch a street circuit and see all of those 15 cart cars for 1/30 th of a lap(maybe 2004 will be the last year and CART will be put out of it's missery). F1 wow they pass on a pit stop and play follow the leader for the rest of the race. NASCAR is the best to watch.

·
Registered
781 Posts
well i like them, but ALMS and Grand-Am/Trans-am are more eventful than nascar ever was...

·
Registered
21 Posts
And you all noticed that those goddammm
fords are totally sucking on the nascar track,,,they barely get one in the top ten, its been all dodge and chevy,,,even bill eliot got a win last sunday

1 - 20 of 44 Posts