DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wasn't this car stolen a little awhile ago? I recall reading and seeing things in the Facebook side of the Mopar community passing around an article about how someone backed up, hooked up to the trailer and bolted... I also recall they just jacked the truck to jack the trailer and car!

Definitely agree... That body kit + the Hellcat hemi as a "premium" SRT group would be an epic tribute to the olden days.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nah

I have to disagree: would love to have all that power, but it's hideous to look at. The wing thing has already been done.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have to disagree: would love to have all that power, but it's hideous to look at. The wing thing has already been done.
The new Dodges, all of them evoke the same love it or hate it feelings.

Like the Chargers because it's a really unique attitude design, and some say they are ugly and don't look anything the classics at all.

You could throw a Dodge emblem on a Cinder block and I'd be lining up to buy it and think it's the hottest car around.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
The only thing I have against this conversion is that the new Challenger has a considerably shorter trunk than the Daytona's and Superbirds and so the rear end looks a little out of proportion. Makes the spoiler kinda look like a ricer instead of the classic muscle that it is supposed to represent. Other than that I love the idea of a new Superbird although I think it would be more accurate to call this one a Daytona since it started as a Dodge (Challenger) and not a Plymouth.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,833 Posts
The only thing I have against this conversion is that the new Challenger has a considerably shorter trunk than the Daytona's and Superbirds and so the rear end looks a little out of proportion. Makes the spoiler kinda look like a ricer instead of the classic muscle that it is supposed to represent. Other than that I love the idea of a new Superbird although I think it would be more accurate to call this one a Daytona since it started as a Dodge (Challenger) and not a Plymouth.
I agree about the short trunk lid. But it does look pretty good to me. However it's not $50k good looking or more!

·
Registered
520 Posts
"You could throw a Dodge emblem on a Cinder block and I'd be lining up to buy it and think it's the hottest car around."

That's a good one, SRT6.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only thing I have against this conversion is that the new Challenger has a considerably shorter trunk than the Daytona's and Superbirds and so the rear end looks a little out of proportion. Makes the spoiler kinda look like a ricer instead of the classic muscle that it is supposed to represent.
^^^THIS! Also, I don't care for the louvres.. They were cool 20 years ago, but not so much now IMHO..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts