DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been driving the family minivan alot lately, and its fine ive got no problems on vans, but the fm cassette radio is killing me, i put some decent 6x9's in the back but it dont help much when theres nothing but freaking commercials on the air. i hate ny radio. so i want to get a cd stereo and slap it in there.

not the tricky part ive got a pioneer cd changer which is collecting dust, its quite old and i was wondering if i could use this wth a dodge cdplayer with changer controls cauz that would b sweet. i would just opt out and get an aftermarket deck, but since my mom is th eprimary drivers shes not gonna wanna have to deal with a new one, or having to pull off the faceplate and put it on/ remember to take it with her when she gets in the car blah blah. so just basically will a dodge/chrysler cd stereo with cd changer controla control my pioneer CDX-P610 its a 6 disc that came in my olds mobile the deck that was controlling it has a busted faceplate, the screen dont work. so i just pulled it out and its not doing nething. the manufacture date is from 95 so its old, but i know it works.

and about how much should i expect to pay for a cd player, and a cd player with changer controls.
the van is a 92 dodge caravan.

and ps glad this site is back up.

Double post... my bad.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or it does this and shows me an error, and then i refresh the thread page afew times with no menion of my attempted post, so i go and post it again, when i go to refresh that it shows i have double posted. ill get the hang of this yet i promise.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Radios

Any Chrysler square face radio will work in the van. The units with the AM/FM/Cassette with changer controls usually go for CHEAP on ebay. The yards want up to $100 for them, you can usually get one for $65 at the yard.

Look for the units with the 3 band EQ, these were in the better sound systems and may be more powerful. In the case of my van, the 3 band EQ unit was quite a bit more powerful. The certainly look cooler!

Oh! Be on the lookout for units with the 5 band EQ, they seem to be plentiful on ebay!

NOTE: You may need an adapter to get your aftermarket changer to work with the factory controls, this may be a bit pricey (but not too bad) if they aren't plug and play.

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
if i can find em.. the local pick and pull only charges like 25$ a radio i think..

how ever.. that means beating the rest of the regular yard leeches to a cd player..

i'll keep an eye out thou

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 92 so its teh square ones. i gotta hit some local places this week i went to one on thursday and they were closed by 3 so i guess i gotta go early or that place was just ghetto.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mnitetrain said:
Best Buy has Sirius Sirius 1 on sale with INSTANT rebate for $29.00.

Go Sirius and you'll never listen to testicle radio again.
dude trust me im really thinking about it, but not yet, im just glad my decks got an aux port 20gigs of music is way better than 5 minutes of music an hour.
thank god for mp3 players

1 - 8 of 8 Posts