DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The only problem I have with that truck is if (and that is a big honking if) it is produced it won't be suitable as a daily driver, and it will be extremely cost prohibitive, meaning that only people who own a Viper would be able to afford one.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I know it is only in the Buzz section, and the quote is not attributed directly to a source, but for what its worth:

A production version of this show truck will appear "at a later date."
Given the appearance of the first generation Viper/Viper GTS, Prowler, PT Cruiser, Neon SRT and Viper SRT, I think that the chances of the Ram SRT seeing the light of day are not as slim as you might think.

I do agree that it will be expensive. But, seeing how they are engineering production pieces to fit in production vehicles, I doubt it will be in the Viper price range.

There is no question it will be costly, though. With a new (loaded) Ram going for mid 30's, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices for the SRT in the 50k range.

But 0-60 in 5 seconds from a full-size pick up, right from the factory? That is impressive.

:cool:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Ford F150 SVT Lightning does the 0-60 shuffle in about 5.5 seconds and only costs around $35K. :)

I honestly can't see that truck going for any less than $60,000. It would cut too much into the Viper sales if you can get almost the same performance for less money.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Chrysler announced that the Super Ram will be available Aug-Sep 2002.

Today they also announced they'll build the Pacifca waogn - it's pretty, too and they'll be doing a hi-po of a Jeep model with more to follow. Also stated that 4 other models - all new, will be developed in the next 4 years along with the Pacifca.

They haven't announced the price of the SRT but that is one awesome truck. AWESOME.

God, wouldn't it be nice if they did something with our 'Treps ???

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wow, that thing is amazing, just its style. **** I want I want.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Holy ****!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

SIGN ME UP!

only problem i have w/ it is, I'm pretty sure that w/ that much torque i wouldn't be able to replace the tires... how expensive would 24" tires cost anyway??? Probably about as much as my fricken car....

·
Registered
890 Posts
omg i just busted a nut in my pants. damn thats one fast truck fster than the ligthing.

1/4 in 12.9 wow. i hope they make one i will surely buy one :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I just answered my own question... in the new Motortrend I got yesterday they had a short article about the new 24" BFGoodrich tires.... $850 each.... :eek:

·
980 Posts
I am afraid LHSer is close, in thinking 60k for this truck , but man if you could buy it for 35k what an awesome deal.I would have to get one some how.

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow this is a truck to have. my father said he will se if he can get his hands on this truck, and sell his 98 ram. finally dodge has come back to the performance stage for the trucks. i really love this truck :D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Pretty sad, here's a view of the Detroit Auto Show of the Intrepid. Notice noone is around it....we get no respect.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Intrepidatious- yes DC is not doing much to sell Intrepids, or any of the LH cars. While the Neon and Ram get SRT performance models , we just started building SXT Intrepids. You might say cool but all the SXT is a cheap R/T.No leather,ATC,OTIS,CD changer .They even removed the R/T chrome tip and used the ES tip :mad: .Sure you get the 3.5 H.O . This helps lower the price but all that stuff should have been an option from the start, not standard.
another thing that bugs me is say you just went out and paid close to 40 $ for a new 300 Special, thinking this was the top of the line 4 door sedan from DC . Then some punk kid in his new SRT-4 Neon cleans your clock at the next light . Sure we only have a year and a half left till the new model but don't just forget about us. Its like having 4 kids and ignoring the 5 year old and giving the 2 year old all new stuff. You just cant do that.But I guess thats why we are sitting at home for the next two weeks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
ottowrkr said:
But I guess thats why we are sitting at home for the next two weeks. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm sorry to hear man. :(

BTW- I can't believe that no one is looking at that car! That Intrepid looks sweet ass!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts