DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell are these? I've seen like 20 of them in the past 2 days. They are so ugly, ugh! :tongue:

It's got a mercedes benz 2.7L 5-cyl (inline 5) with 154 hp and 243 ft/lbs of torque.

It's built in germany too.

(Photo from dodge website)

·
9,861 Posts
Looks like a HUGE minivan. Very ugly.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
You know, I have seen several of these on dealer's lots, and one on the street and I think, while ugly and slightly overpriced for what they come with as they may be, the cargo versions actually do what they were meant to do really well, and that is, be easier to park than most if not all cargo vans, come with one of the best warranties, and promise to last forever (if we look at the reputation behind Benz's diesels). Personally, if I had a need for a new cargo van, this would be it without question.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those look nasty! It looks like someone took a minivan and decided to not change anything but have the top 2 feet above where it was. Blech. Mmm i'd rather have that sxt i drove earlier today :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
They sure are making the other domestic automakers tremble when it comes to van fleet sales. These buggers are going to sell like hotcakes to commercial folks. You can stand up in them and they hold a ton of stuff.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
:devil:
They are mostly badged as freightliners but are equipped with Mercedes Benx diesel engines, and yes, they will sell like hot cakes. Reliable, very utilitarian. I only know because when i was in utah when i worked for the olympics, these were the shuttles that the company i worked for provided. Real nice vehicles.
:devil:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
We've still got Dodge trucks up here. Warlord, do you remember when we saw them at the Detroit show? Man those things are massive, they'ld make a good small camper. The front end is ass.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The story with these things are that UPS was buying them for city delivery's, and saving the Internatials for the larger routes. As for the one we have now, I can say these things with dominate the delievery van market, hands down. Cause nothing comes even close to the capasity, power and comfort, and yes I drove the one we have and a few times I almost fell asleep at stop lights cause the seats are that comfortable.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
YB Normyl said:
We've still got Dodge trucks up here.
That's why I said "almost" non-existant. :D

Warlord, do you remember when we saw them at the Detroit show? Man those things are massive, they'ld make a good small camper. The front end is ass.
Hell yeah! Those things look big, but once you get in them, they feel even bigger!!! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts