1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LeftLaneNews.com:

May 18

Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebring production ends today

The last Dodge Stratus and Chrysler Sebring units will be built today at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant. Production began in 2000, with a total of 1.3 million vehicles built to date. Chrysler will replace the Sebring with a new model, due to be unveiled in June. Dodge is expected to replace the the Stratus with a new 2007 model called the Avenger.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Here’s what we’ve been waiting for since they discontinued the Intrepid two years ago. I thought they’d just make the Stratus bigger to replace the Intrepids spot in the market, but instead it looks like they’re bringing back the Avenger to do that. If anyone has any other information on it feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but from the information I just read on it the Avenger will probably be four door FWD sedan that’s about the same size as the Intrepid and will have a four cylinder, as well as a 2.7 and 3.5 liter six cylinder engine option. Of course it looks like the two door and convertible options are going away. Here’s a couple spy shots I grabbed from the net:

From www.wigimedia.org I got this concept shot

From www.edmunds.com I got these spy photos

And from www.leftlanenews.com I got these speculative renderings of what it will look like.

·
Registered
566 Posts
LT.Almond said:
sweet...i like the rear end if that is what it will look like
Hard to tell from that one rear end photo but it looks nice, too bad I don't like the front at all looks like some half suv/truck car widget, possibly import inspired. :barf:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The red one looks like a caliber early spy shot.

Mabe they will produce the challenger coupe and conv. in a plant that makes a conv. now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts