DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

In adition to my Trep I am also the proud owner of a 2005 Dodge SX 2.0 (aka neon)

It's my wife's daily driver and she baby's the thing (she gets grumpy if the tach goes above 2500).

Well last night we we went out and I noticed a Whump-Whump sound and vibration coming from the front end, so I pulled over and looked around both tires look fine, good pressure, and I couldn't see any damage to the rims.

Any ideas what to check next? the sound varies depending on how fast the car is going, most noticeable around 40-50 km/h

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Check the steering linkages & CV joints. Get'r in for warranty quick before other damage / wear occurs that they may or may not notice / repair.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Might sound kind of dumb, but check to make sure there isn't any ice build up in the rims. The smallest chunk will throw the wheel way off balance :p

·
Registered
290 Posts
02R/T said:
Might sound kind of dumb, but check to make sure there isn't any ice build up in the rims. The smallest chunk will throw the wheel way off balance :p
I second that, happens to me a fair bit.... I hate winter!!!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Wretched said:
I second that, happens to me a fair bit.... I hate winter!!!!
Thirded! When it happened last winter I was like WTF...turned out to be a bunch of snow on the inside of the rim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts