DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the third win and second from S. Marlin and the Coors Light Dodge team . How cool is that. Man I really wanted to see him drive around the track with the flag , but Nascar stopped him . WHY?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would have to wonder if it didn't have something to do with the fact that we bombed the Taliban today. The news of the attacks came after the start of the race, so I wonder if the drivers even knew...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did anybody get to see it? NBC was on constantly here talking about the bombings.They finally went to the race with about 11 laps left.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The race was on TBS . I was listing in on the in car radios before the start of the race and the drivers were told the race was delayed because the bombings had started and the NBC had gone to special report

·
Registered
568 Posts
Damn! I was at the Dragstrip today so i missed the race. It sounds like it was a great one! Sterling is the man. I wonder what was up with the flag thing? That's BS that they let Jr. do it and not the #1 Dodge driver in all of winston cup!

Buschman

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
yeah it was B.S. that they didn't let him go around the track with the flag. on the other hand, with everything that happened yesterday, I have to think the reason they did it, was to get people out of there ASAP in case something were to happen. it's terrible leaving that track, traffic backs up for miles! when I was up there a while back, we hung out for 3 hours and had an after race tailgate party, even then traffic was still heavy, but it at least moved.

Go Dodge!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
40 marlin is number one in my book. I stuck to of his stickers on the rear side windows of my R/T from Pro Motor Sports. They are white with his sig on the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts