DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DodgeIntrepid.net International meet *must read*

i keep checking out the stratuspher site lookin at what they had planned at the meet and some of the pics and it looked sweet as hell. so why not have a dodgeintrepid.net meet????????
i was thinking somewhere around early to middle november. whcih would give us 6-1/2 months to plan for it. i mean we have like 1,069 members. we should see where most ppl live and then vote on which would be the most convient for the most ppl. i know most of you guys got to be interested. and yes this is down the road but maybe one day have liek a stratusphere and dodgeintrepid.net meet where we race the cars and jsut hang out. i think it would be pretty sweet. i want everyoens input on this:devil:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
one thing:
November is bad for us northern folk. Snow Storms make it hard to plan for an exceedingly long drive that time of year.. maybe october?

·
Registered
155 Posts
sounds good, as always, i'm down, just keep me posted and let me know if i can help. but don't be surprised if many people don't show up now that i've let known that i'm game, since I'm so intimidating you know.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is columbus day in october where most ppl have off on that friday so we could make a3day weekend out of it. i think we should take apoll to see where most ppl live then think of the cost cities to the most ppl.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wisconsin :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Sk8-4ever said:
Wisconsin :)
Got my vote there :)
how about we all meet for a monday night Packer game at Lambeau Field :) (that would rock!)
screw school or work :p

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I think it would be cool if we had the meet at the same place where the stratusphere meet was. reasoning behind that is this...

first, I think its a great way to show your appreciation for all that Randy has done seeing as to how he lives in northern Illinois

second, he already knows the rules and regulations of the place

third, he knows about lodging, and directions (for the most part)

fourth, Illinois is not REALLY close to either the west coast or the east coast, so its a little more fair than say, oh, new york

fifth, most of the guys that are really active on the boards are from the midwest area

sixth, fall is pretty nice around here, although I would prefer late summer

·
Registered
155 Posts
Let me look at a map and a calendar, I'll come up w/ something good, but also we have to see what we can actually do when we meet. Anyone from jersey, i heard theres a track open to the public, its actually an old landing strip, you pay to get in and race all day. Does anyone know of any such places elsewhere?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I started a thread like this a long while back. It was obvious then as it is now that there will never be a unanimous vote for any one particular place. I think the senior members or moderators and Randy should decide and tell us where it is going to be if they want to even organize one at all.

As for what type of place, I would suggest a tourist type location where there are an asortment of things to do. After all, we know each other pretty well here and I couldn't see us standing around for one or two days looking at each others cars.

For instance, my buddy went to the Durango Owner's Club meet in Durango, Colorado. They had a banquet, prizes and activites to do. They even went off roading in the mountains. His family made a vacation out of it where they did many other things while they were there.

Summer would be the best time to gather everyone. Weather is nice, kids are out of school and many more locations could be considered as one of these touristy destinations.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Now we need to be serious about this. Randy is the guy that started, and runs the site right? Then I agree, we should throw down closs to him in Illinois. I'm from NY, but I'd be willing to troop it there, if and only if it'll be worth it though. We need to take many things into consideration when planning something like this. Do we want a something big like a weekend thing at a hotel with a banquet hall, awards to give out, prizes, etc. or just a day thing where we meet and chill. And if we meet, what are we gonna do? How many members are seriously willing to come, where will we accomodate all these INtreps(concords, and whomever else also), and most importantly, where will we get the money for all this? Before we even discuss where we're gonna go we need to come up with what we wanna do, and a place big enough to accomodate that many member. There are 1000+ members, but how many are serious ones that participate. HOw many of those can actually troop it to wherever we intend to meet. How many can fit a meet into their schedule.
Personally, i admit this'll be tough, but I'm down, and i'm willing to help whomever has a great idea. i'm trying to come up w/ one, but we have to be serious about what we'r ewilling to do.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Randy lets all have a sleepover at your house :p

I got the bath tub!!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Remember this.

If you have it at Bemis, you're gonna get invaded by 3GEclipse, ASOG, and S-10's as well as everyone else.

Don't expect to have an Intrepid-only meet. ****, our Stratusphere meet had a mix. Thank god I got my Strat now. :devil:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts