DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for one that may have some of the basic equipment cause I did bought one from the auction wich was used by the police department , with very low miles 42k but did not have anything , not even the door spotlight , I can tell was sitting for a very looooong time I did brought it back to life it is the unwanted 2.7 but I am happy with it is perfect for cruise but I would like to add some more HP, 200 ponies is ok but I was wondering if there is a super charger kit for it I don’t want turbo is too difficult to install or maybe I am wrong but I love this car anyway

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
I doubt you have Police Intrepid. They were manufactured from 2002-2004 and all had the 3.5L engine.

Most likely the one you bought was just an SE that the department used as an Admin car.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package
5,969 Posts
I have an ‘04 Police Intrepid but it came with the 3.5L HO.
As Ron said I’d imagine a “police unit” with a 2.7L was probably an administrative vehicle or maybe Auxiliary Police.
I certainly hope they weren’t intending to chase criminals with that

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
Police Package Intrepids would also come with cloth front bucket seats but no center console and the rear seat would be a hard plastic molded unit.
You would have the driver side door spotlight. Rear doors wouldn't open from the inside. etc.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
Police Package Intrepids would also come with cloth front bucket seats but no center console with a column shifter.
You may have the driver side door spotlight. Rear doors wouldn't open from the inside. etc.
17" Steel wheels with chrome center caps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking for one that may have some of the basic equipment cause I did bought one from the auction wich was used by the police department , with very low miles 42k but did not have anything , not even the door spotlight , I can tell was sitting for a very looooong time I did brought it back to life it is the unwanted 2.7 but I am happy with it is perfect for cruise but I would like to add some more HP, 200 ponies is ok but I was wondering if there is a super charger kit for it I don’t want turbo is too difficult to install or maybe I am wrong but I love this car anyway
Yes it was an auxiliary but it did have the spot lights for some reason somebody took them out half of the harnesses still in the car but mostly for the lighting and the radio . I’ll probably turn it into stock and remove all that garbage of harnesses they are chopped in many places so they are useless , sadly there is no spotlight, I may have to replace the doors cause the holes look ugly and I can’t find the set nowhere I check on eBay already

·
Premium Member
17,203 Posts
BTW - if you want to sound cool on this forum, say 'PoPo', not 'Police'!

😀

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
CooCoo for PoPo !

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
Have a look at this. The parts list for the lamps on the Police Package Intrepid. Check the part numbers for what you need and google them.

Lamps Police Package Intrepid.JPG

·
Woober Goobers!
50,886 Posts
The fog lights are the same as a regular Intrepid so no need to worry about them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All of the pursuit models I've seen have the H.O. 3.5. Some have dual spotlights, most just single on the left. Also, all of them seem to have the rubber floor covering, no carpet. I have one that used to belong to the city of Bemidji, MN. It has about 134k on it now, had 82k when I bought it, runs and drives great. I had to put some work into it; timing belt kit with water pump, radiator, lower control arms, brakes, steering gear (leaking), front struts, hooked up the rear door locks and windows, and replaced the rear vinyl seat with a cloth one, and I put in an automatic dimming inside mirror and trip computer from a 300 just because. I'm a mechanic for the state of ND, and they had a batch of these in 2002. They were great compared to the Crown Vic. WAY faster acceleration, better handling, better fuel mileage, and the troopers that had them liked them better overall. One trooper they were gonna swap out to a Crown told them that he had 2 years to go to retirement and if they would take his Trep away, he would retire on the spot.
They didn't take it away.
The problems were weak brakes and they cost more than the Crown Vics, and the troopers were used to rear wheel drive. By 2004 they seemed to have the transmission problems solved and they were good cars... Then they quit making them!

I don't drive it much any more cuz, although they were good in their day, the just don't compare to a Hemi!

About 8k miles ago I drove mine to Lansing, Michigan, averaged 26mpg. It's a really comfy road car that makes everyone else slow down...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have (5) 02 police treps. some may have plastic rear seats, but none of mine did. if they had, I wouldn't have bought them. All of mine are 3.5L column shift w/ no consoles, but with jump seat/folding seat back/arm rest/storage compartment. Some of mine came with driver's spotlight, some didn't. Mine all came with the severe cooling package. They also have a battery tap in the trunk. In the front on top of the battery metal box framing, they have a stamped tag which says, "POLICE" or "POLICE PKG" or something like that. The speedo says, "calibrated", and is 140mph or thereabouts. there are cooling ducts for the front brakes. There's a bunch more, but that's all that comes to me, right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts