DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put glasspacks or straight pipes on a v6 3.5l intrepid. I miss the sound of my 90 z71 and it had true dual super 44 flowmasters on it.

Ive heard a v6 crown vic with flowmasters but it sounded crappy..

Watcha think?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

Its been done many times.

I have a single Cherry Bomb glasspack mounted just behind the center catalytic converter and i love the sound.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,622 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I removed the rear rez from my 3.5 cord and replaced it with twin 2.5" pipes 18" long .

sounded great.

On my lhs had the muffler removed (middle suitcase) and it sounded awful because a prevous owner had the cats gutted.

So i added a cherry bomb behind the gutted cat and it was better but not good!

so better to remove the rez than muffler!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did the same as Crypt Keeper, except with a Thrush glasspack, and it sounds damn fine.
Now i just need to do something about that rattling cat...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone ever put glasspacks or straight pipes on a v6 3.5l intrepid. I miss the sound of my 90 z71 and it had true dual super 44 flowmasters on it.

Ive heard a v6 crown vic with flowmasters but it sounded crappy..

Watcha think?
Crown Victoria's are a 4.6 V8 not a V6 that and they are rear wheel drive :}

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to have a flowmaster on my 3.5l intrepid. I have to say it sounded great! The only problem was it was a little loud in the inside of the car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Who You Kiddin'

I had that Flow Master in My Impala too, I Drove it a lil over a Year, I couldn't take the Cabin Drone anymore, I'm talking at all engine RPM though. Good Luck Starting it on a cold Morning, its like I'll aways need ear plugs. I didn't need a Rocket scientist to tell Me to go take it off. Then, put on Dual Stocks With Quad Tips.... But I can't lie, they darn sure Sound Lovely though.... That's if You're on the Outside. :Rockin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the rear resonator and muffler removed and a pipe running straight out the passenger side and I think it sounds great. it's also about as cheap as it gets

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
I have the rear resonator and muffler removed and a pipe running straight out the passenger side and I think it sounds great. it's also about as cheap as it gets
Bet your neighbors love you! LOL!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
You have straight pipe all the way through?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
And "not too horribly loud" is a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's straight pipes from the front resonator. So it still has both cats and the first resonator. Since they mentioned crown Vic's, my brother owns one and has long tube headers, cats removed, and 2 flow master 40 series and it is incomparable to mine. It makes my trep sound stock lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts