DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my roommates has a 2004 or 2005 Durango w/ the hemi and the CEL light is on. Does anyone know if the on/off three times key trick works on these trucks? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I don't think so. I'm thinking they eliminated that when the Durango came out in 04. I can't do it on my Dakota which heavily based off the Durango.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Ah, the current Dakota and Durango are different platforms. Completely.[/QUOTE]

The current Dakota was in the development stage and probably completed when the Durango was launched in 2004. I didn't say they were on the same platforms, but it's damn close. Same powertrains, using the same instrument clusters, the frames share very similar traits, and to save $$ probably the same electrical systems. The Ram had already been develped when the Durango came out, and didn't receive it's update to 06 for a more robust frame design and electrical system.

Back to the question, all newer DCX Vehicles lost the ability to check for codes unless you buy the scanner. And look for the OTIS/EVIC on the headliner to go by the way-side. It's all going in-cluster now.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Are you sure that ALL newer DCX vehicles lost this ability? When I had the in-laws' brand new Town and Country (most likely an 07, could be an 06 since there were only a few miles when they brought it home) and I had a error light come on.

I did the key dance and sure enough, it said something like it was done and everything was ok, or something like that that gave me the indication that it did its thing and found no codes. It worked EXACTLY like the Trep did. So I'm positive that not ALL newer DCX vehicles have this disabled.

I did figure out what that warning light was though. It was to tell me that the tire pressure was not even.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
smc1377 said:
Are you sure that ALL newer DCX vehicles lost this ability? When I had the in-laws' brand new Town and Country (most likely an 07, could be an 06 since there were only a few miles when they brought it home) and I had a error light come on.

I did the key dance and sure enough, it said something like it was done and everything was ok, or something like that that gave me the indication that it did its thing and found no codes. It worked EXACTLY like the Trep did. So I'm positive that not ALL newer DCX vehicles have this disabled.

I did figure out what that warning light was though. It was to tell me that the tire pressure was not even.
Let me clarify.

Any newly developed DCX Vehicle. The RS vans still have that ability, but don't look for it in 07 or 08 when the RT's come out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts