DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I saw one on a Trep the other day. It looks good!

-GB49

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
That's genuine alright......one on the trunklid of mine.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Magnum = Hemi head?.....someone correct me ;)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,329 Posts
Magnum=Marketing in this case

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Magnum = I gotta have a special name for my normal engine to make it sound like its so much better than your normal 3.5 :fun_71:

Saw a neon with a magnum badge on it and me and my bro laughed our asses off.

Josiah

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
"Magnum" was Dodge's old designator for the high performance 440 - high compression, forged crank, etc.

In our cars the "magnum" 3.5L has the MTV (manifold tuning valve) & SRV (short runner valve) and a different engine controller program to make it all work. It's the same mechanical set-up as the 300M's, including the "3.5L High Output" sticker on the engine.

But that definition changes when you open up the 2002 parts manual. In there "magnum" refers to the Police Package engine - go figure ...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha Thanks Gary. I forget what the Retail price is for this and the "going" rate. I Know TorontoFireCaptain listed them in a thread but I can't find that thread. Does anyone remember what they were? I think the ging rate was $29 and the retail was like $63?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,329 Posts
That part # is: 4805632AA MSRP is $37.70-$40.85 depending on who you believe and can be found online at dealers from $25.99-$30.62 in my short search.

·
Registered
467 Posts
a little much for a badge

·
Registered
692 Posts
JLWX5 said:
Magnum = I gotta have a special name for my normal engine to make it sound like its so much better than your normal 3.5 :fun_71:

Saw a neon with a magnum badge on it and me and my bro laughed our asses off.

Josiah
haha i feel you on that..its like base model civics with type-R badges

1 - 18 of 18 Posts