DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Also, check the latching mechanism on the doors themselves. There's 3 torx heads bolts that hold the assembly to the door. I had one completly fall out on my 1G concorde, and it produced a flashing interior light since the door wasn't being held closed all the way...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Mine became loose, and the latch moved alittle. So I just moved it back so the door closed nice and tight with the body of the car. That fix my flashing light problem.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
snosaj7c said:
Do you mean that the three torx screws that hold the latch mechanism in become loose over time? Or that the mechanism itself simply wears out?

It seemed like they became loose over time... one of the bolts was completely gone, the other 2 where loose. kinda scary actually...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Door jam switches die over time. I ended up as a temporary fix putting a folded up paper plate over my switch, duct taping it there, and the door would close and provide enough extra force that it would work. Then my alarm kept ****ing going off all the time because of the switch, and the lights started comming on again, I said **** it and went and bought 4 new switches at once, 40$ straight from dodge. (I work at a chevy dealership, cause I'm a retard and of course, no discounts on mopar) >=(

Actually speaking of which... I never got those damn switches in the car... they disapeared around the house somewhere, along with one of my clear corners.. So as of right now, I've got no switches in, and no dome lights at all unless i turn them on manually, and my alarm dosent really help with no door switches >_<

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Check the door hinges. They eventually wear out and the door sags. Its much more common on 2 door cars because the doors are much heavier. My wife's sebring did that and we had to have a body shop reset the hinges because the door was flopping all over the place and the dome light would flicker. When you opened the door, it dropped at the rear about 3 inches. My broke the door handle trying to pick up on it to shut the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help! I found the drivers door to be the problem door, the latch was tight, so as a temporary fix I just disconnected the little black button until I get an opportunity to go get a new one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
pimptrepinator said:
whoa, my trep just started doing this tonight, i finally got fed up with it and just pulled the fuse for now cuz it was driving me ****ing nuts!
i just figured out what my problem was. the torx bit bolts that hold the latch on the door on were way loose. i tightened them and not a problem

·
Registered
152 Posts
Haha, Cause my car is such a junker right now, I have a mcdonalds bag full of wrappers slammed in there to stop that from happening :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.