DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just wondered if any of you knew where the wire for the dome(interior) lights was on our car. I am not talking about the one on the light control box that allows you to turn the lights on manually. I am talking about the wire that goes to the lights and turns them on when the doors open. I am trying to make an override switch so that I can turn them off even when I have any door open. I dont think I can run it from the interior lights fuse, because that controlls other things as well. Any ideas??
Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
oh yeah, and along these lines... if anyone knows how to safely remove said overhead lights (standard kind with no extras) on our car up front, it'd be great help, I don't want to pry them out, and I looked in a service manual (kind ya get from autozone) and it didn't say how. I need to replace bulbs with blue ones :) or want to rather. heh.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced all the overhead lights with blue ones.....looks sweet! The front light console just pops down.....just pull on it......carefully! The rear ones you can pry the lenses of with a screw driver and then just pull the bulb out..its easy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shoot you can get those bulbs at truckstops and even the Wal-Mart that I work at has them. I spent about 4 bucks on the bulbs all together. It looks very good too.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Any pics Gentleman? :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try to get some pics asap, including pictures of my new switch assmbly, and the switchable blue/red lights I have under my seats.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey MxPx, which bulbs did you get? Did you get the ones for outdoor ligts like I did (4 watt, they are basically noma moon ray lights), or did you get the colored ones that are the exact same size as stock?

I used the outdoor light ones (same base, same socket) because it cost me 4 bucks (Canadian) for 4 of them. The little ones that replaced the stock lights would have been 6 bucks for two....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah, does anyone have the answer to the question I asked in the first place?
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts