DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Dodge Intrepid with a 2.7.

So for awhile I've noticed that my dome light will randomly turn on and off while driving. Today it started to happen more frequently and it even did it while my car was shut off. When this happens my door light does NOT turn on. I also have a Compustar remote start/car alarm and an after market stereo system. I'm not sure if either of these have anything to do with it. It doesn't appear that the light is turn on/off right now, but how long would it take my battery to go dead? I assume I should probably take the light bulbs out?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
replace the light switch, happened to my car,, it took care of it

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
the light swutch, the one on the dash,,

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Why not just try rolling the interior light brightness adjustment knob down a bit? Will probably fix your problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this happen on my 2001 2.7 dodge intrepid. The battery lines were VERY corroded and causing all sorts of random electrical problems. I put in a new battery and cables and that took care of the problem. I also had them sprayed with that red anti-corrosion stuff, and now they stay nice and clean.

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
replace the light switch, happened to my car,, it took care of it
Why not just try rolling the interior light brightness adjustment knob down a bit? Will probably fix your problem.
These two answers should solve the problem. The brightness adjustment knob gets dirty and causes this issue most of the time. Rolling it up and down cleans it, if problem persists, then change out the switch.

Late!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I am going to say it's the the added remote starter/alarm and or the aftermarket radio.

I have this blinking interior light problem currently and have had it since I added in an EVIC years ago. It happens so randomly and very infrequently so it is hard to tell how often it really happens. It doesn't help that I drive 95% daytime - last time I just barely noticed it.

I think I stopped it once by disconnecting the upper roof harness at the junction block. In my case, I don't believe the dash lighting is flickering or anything which makes me think it is not the headlight/dimmer switch. I think I have a fault in my wiring from when I spliced in the EVIC

·
Registered
252 Posts
Alarson....smart move to rust check it....we have the same red stuff up here.....i do it on both a 2001 and 1994 vehicle every year..its ~ $100......no rust yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts