DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
link basically saying the charger is coming back as a 2006 model. Looks like its gonna be made at Brampton.

·
Registered
53 Posts
95trep said:
link basically saying the charger is coming back as a 2006 model. Looks like its gonna be made at Brampton.
Hmmm.... if they discontinue the Intrepid with nothing to replace it... (no, I don't fancy a rear drive here in the canadian winter).... it looks like Buick LaCrosse will be quite appealing (but for gods sake please change the name if you want to sell it in Québec :biggrin: )

:devil:

·
9,861 Posts
Yes. We know. It will be based on the LX platform, but it will be shorter then the currect LX cars. It is rumoured to be a 3 door.

I'm still waiting to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hate to say this but, when it comes to making a retro looking car, I'd have to give the credit to Ford.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Yeaaaaaaaaah but will it have a Hemi? Can you say H E M I?

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I CAN say HEMI, but I'd RATHER say "Ford GT"!! :biggrin: That's the best retro hot-rod out there at this point! Too bad it still costs too much for my budget. :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Retro looks cool but doesn't always equal sales. The Thunderbird is going the way of the Dodo despite it's good looks. The New Mustang looks HOT. I think it will sell just as well as the current model but who knows if it will out sell the current generation over time. The Ford GT...Awesome Ford...but most of us on here will never drive one of these unless your job title is 'Valet'. PT Crusier is Retro to an era not necessarily to a particular car. I think DCX would consider it a sales success but not a slam dunk. They are redesigning it to be able to stuff a six in it...they should have done that in the first place. The Cruiser has the attitude but not the power to back it up...even with the turbo. Do I need to mention The NEW BEETLE?

Now the LX designs have a hint of retro. But more so pointing to an era of big Detroit Iron. That torch has been carried by trucks and suvs in recent years. Not linking their designs to one specific model from the past is probably DCX learning Fords lesson with the Thunderbird. I would expect then that the Charger will only hint at it's past and more resemble an amalgamation of the Super 8/Airflite with the HEMI model being called the Charger Daytona.

p.s. Don't you like how the NASCAR 'Intrepids' are already wearing the 'Charger' face. Slap that on the front of the Airflite and see what ya get.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
DC better get more serious in the hp department if it want to compete with the Mustang Cobra.
A blown Hemi would do it.
The Charger also could use some help in the aero department.
The back window killed the 68-70 Chargers over 30 years ago in Nascar, you'd think they would have learned their lesson.
Slant the front more and flush the back window and get some serious top speed going.
Fact is it's a V8 rear wheel drive. I'll take it.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
jfsram said:
DC better get more serious in the hp department if it want to compete with the Mustang Cobra.
A blown Hemi would do it.
The Charger also could use some help in the aero department.
The back window killed the 68-70 Chargers over 30 years ago in Nascar, you'd think they would have learned their lesson.
Slant the front more and flush the back window and get some serious top speed going.
Fact is it's a V8 rear wheel drive. I'll take it.
The concept car looks like it does have flush rear glass ... IF they stick with the concept ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts