DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the responses to Randy's posting about Armor All wipes:Am I doing something wrong? Yes, just so you guys know, Armor All uses alcohol as drying agent, the problem with that is you are also drying out the vinyl or leather that you are trying to protect. I use two products from Summit called Lexol and Vinylex, I got them at John Hine Dodge here in San Diego, but I have seen them in other stores. Cost a little bit more but makes a big difference in how the my interior looks, especially the leather seats.

Here is the company homepage:
Lexol Homepage

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah, I would never use armoral inside the car, just even that it is sticky and attracts more dust.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
VYNELEX is awesome!!! Theres one by MEGUIARS thats even shinier than VYNELEX. Its called Trip and rubber finish. Its a creamier substance and lasts longer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Its actually recommended in the video Chrysler gives you with the new car not to use dressing on the dash because it might give off reflections of the dash in the windshield, it also changes the look of the dash. I do use the Lexol on the seats thought and they look great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have used Armorall on the dash a few times and will never use it again. It does give a nice shine, but the size of the dash is just a big reflector and it is almost impossible to see out the windshield in bright sunlight. There was someone else who said it attracts or holds the dust. That is so true. My dash looks the dirtiest about a week after using Armorall. I think I'll try and find something that doesn't give off such a glare. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
381 Posts
As a side note to all this Dodge says when cleaning the inside of the windshield don't spray windex on the dash. Spray the towel and then wipe down the glass. I guess something in the windex is bad for the plastic as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts