DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering exactly what different doors will fit on a 1st Gen trep and look alright, including the moldings.... I have no idea what to look for here, and I'd like to get the cheapest price possible... but keep it as origional on the body pieces like that... I don't want two different sides to the car, so to speak.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd suggest trying your luck at a junkyard, if you're looking for cheap. There are a lot of instances where the sides and rear of the vehicle are in excellent shape.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
from what i remember, all 1st gen doors are interchangable, only thing that might changes is the bottom grey moldings but there easy to swap

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
they all fit the same but the 93/94 models will be slightly off when you mount them. It was a ***** making a 93 door fit on a 96.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
really pat? whats the diff? door or hinges? any chance of swapping hinges?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good question... thats gonna be my main concern, because I'm not sure what kind of shape the hinges are in, we had to torque the drivers door pretty good to get it to open and close right... meh.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
what yr is your car as well the door i have are 93's

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is a 94... and gaze was saying there was a size difference? I dunt particularly want something that's gonna look akward one side to the other if I can avoid it, if not... shoot, I dunno what I'm gonna end up doing.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
hinge locations did not match up exactly. It was only a matter of an inch or so. I had to use a couple of washers as a spacer to make it all work.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
ok, so now i am confused, there was a change in 93/94 or is it that 93/94 are different then 95-97?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
ok so if his cars a 94 an dmy doors are a 93 then he is fine ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts