DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright guys, i'm going to do that mod. It looks like that

I saw special kits for that, but i havent seen them in local stores. Anyway i want to do it myslef. I'm going to put 3 LED's on each handle. So my question #1 is what LEDs and resistors do i need? I was thinking to connect them to inetrior lights (each handle to each light). In this case they'll light up when i open the door or push unlock button on remote. So question #2 is will that actually work? If yes, what wires should i use for that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
LEDs from like radio shack are going to be more difficult to mount that that eBay thing. this is something that seems easy to do yourself, but IMO it would be a pain in the butt. They have a 'kit' for under $20 - seems easier to go with that then try to find the parts and piece it together yourself. they dont show the product, otherwise maybe it would be easier to copy. running the wire thru the door handle would be enuf trouble for me....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't buy things from ebay because i dont have a credit card and i dont buy things what i cant see or touch before i paid tor it. And i dont like those kits anyway because they are using small LEDs, which aren't bright enough, and some kits has just one LED for each handle. Good and bright LED cost about $5.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You can figure the resistance you need for the diodes yourself.
You will need a resistor for each LED. The led's should have a current value spec'd for them.
Usually they are around 20-30ma current. Just take 12V divided by the the current.

IE if the led needs 25ma and your connecting to 12V's you would need a 440 ohm resistor (12/.025=440) or the closest would be 470 ohm.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i just finished my work om car. I used 4" blue neon lights (from PILOT) instead LED.

I finished only front doors. Right now i'm out of cash, and autozone is out of blue neons. Damn, neons are expensive, i paid almost 20 bucks for each, but it looks better than LEDs and it's easier to install.
More pics:

Well it was a little hard, i had to cut neons a little bit to make them fit perfect, it took me like 3 hours each door. I also got electrical problems yesterday, lost power. I'll do back doors when i'll get some extra money. So what do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.