DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the rear door handles on the 2nd Gens are the exact same size as the front door handles.

Which means, you can take the rear door handles (which have no lock, just smooth beautiful plastic :) ) and put them in the front doors. That way, you have a "shaved" look for your door handles. Of course if you don't have keyless entry, you can't do it...and don't let the battery go dead! :)

Thought it would be neat if you have some sort of backup to get into the car if the battery takes a dump...(trunk..etc...)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I wouldn't do this. What if a fuse goes inside the car that controls the power locks. :)

Nice idea... but its not worth the headache it may cause.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why you'd need a back up...people that have shaved handles have selenoids (spelling?) and backups...

just an idea....thought it would be a subtle cool lookin' thing.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
wow, I really like that idea, I have not had to use my keys for anything other than starting the car, else it's remote baby! I'm not gonna scratch up my car with the keys! :D

my '97 drivers door lock was getting all scratched from using the key. :mad:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I can't think of the last time I used my key to actually open any of the doors or trunk. But I'd still defintely want a back up plan in case of a power loss.

Slim Jim ? :) (that was a joke)

·
Registered
349 Posts
how about a "hide-a-key", only not a key, but a button underneath the car or in some hiding place that has it's own connector for a 12 volt power supply? Maybe a typical 9volt battery might have enough current to barely hit the locks? :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
One member of the Edmunds.com 300M group has removed his rear door handles and filled in the style line that runs down both sided of the car . He has also added a hood scoop and is adding mods all the time . Go over and check it out . His name is avalanche.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts