DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would my door lights be stuck on? Just today, the car died at work, I couldn't figure it out why, I had it jumped, then suddenly the lights stay on.

I have ruled out a bad headlight switch.

Could it be a bad door pressure sensor I suppose?

Any ideas?

--Gorm

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Does the dimmer thingy work on the headlight switch? Might be a relay. I know you said you checked the switch, but if they WONT dim out, then its something to do with the Fade out feature (MAYBE). I dont have a clue, im just guessing.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope,

It dims fine, when I close all the doors, the door ajar light does not come on. Nor does the cluster lights, like they do when you first open the door.

I don't beleive its possible for the lights to become grounded, if they did it shoulda poped a fuse, but the fuse is fine.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, besides the new door and such that was involved in my accident.

What relays are involved? I thought that was 100 precent controled by the BCM.
The only relays I know of involve like the headlights/foglights.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE!

While doing some random thinking, i decided, hey if i remove the power connector to the overhead harness i eleminate 80 precent of the lights and the only ground buttons, which would make them stay on.

I went ahead and unplugged the harness connector and closed the doors. The remaining lights (front driver and passenger door) lights stayed on for 30 seconds and then shut off dimming as they should.

Looks like I'll have to find a grounding issue in the moring on my ground wire in the overhead console. I did have the windshield replaced recently, looks liek maybe they screwed something up inside there.

Thanks all for looking at this thread and hopefully this helps others with this problem.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, but if you have your ground wire for your overhad buttons, on somewhere, this could trick the entire system into staying on...just as a button light you pushed on would do. These lights do not shut off, becuase they run on a different ground system, when the button is engaged.

My car also does the 15 minute shut off thing if you leave your door open or something like that, so that the battery does not go dead.

--Gorm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.