DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a reply on a forum that is almost a year old, I wasn't sure if anyone would see it. I am trying to remove my rear door frame to replace my actuator. I found 5 screws, 3 on the bottom and 1 in the door handle and 1 in the other handle (?). I searched to no avail for any hidden screws, so I guess there are tabs or other things holding it on. Anyone offer some help on how to take this thing off?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
There is one in the door hole, in the arm rest part. Just pull the door, there are three plastic clips holding the door panel onto the door. Just find these, and pull out and Up.

It will come right off!

--Gorm

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
If you found all 5 then you're good to go. Try not to use pry bars to undue the clips (they just pull straight out) unless you can slip something hard between the pry bar and the door, they tend to dent the door while prying.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But where are the clips? I have tried just prying the panel off with my hands, but are the clips on the bottom or the inside or outside of the panel? The top seemed to clip off, but that's as far as I got.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yeah, you gotta pull pretty hard and expect to damage the back door clip holders like I did when the door finally let go :(........oh well, nothing hot glue won't fix :)

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
There are two plastic clips, one is a 1/3 of the way down on the door latch side of the door and the other is 2/3s of the way down. There is one more on the hinge end and it is about half way down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts