DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Infinity Stereo System, and the speaker in the driver's door is making an annoying thudding/bumping noise when there is alot of base. It hasn't always done it, I think I may have a rip in the speaker or something...any suggestions? Also, how do I change the speaker? Can I take that metal grill off or do I have to take the whole door panel off?
Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
You may have a blown speaker. It'd have to move pretty hard to rip it, but hey, who knows.

To get at the door speakers, use a flat head screw driver or some other slim object to work around the edges of the speaker grille. It pops right out and DOES NOT require the removal of the entire door panel. Don't worry about snapping any lock-tabs, as the speaker grille is all one piece. No sweat.

And the speaker itself is just screwed it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mine does the same damn thing. POS. Thank god i'm getting a new CD player and my sound system re-wired for my birthday on the 16th of this month. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Pop the speaker grill from the side facing the front of the car. I replaced all my stock speakers with Polk Audio speakers, except for the dash speakers. I have EX502a's in the front and DX9's in the back. Sounds alot better now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had to replace my seaker a few months ago, I replaced the with Rockford-Fosgates along with Bass-Blockers and they sounds great, it set me back about $75 so it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well what about the back speackers i took out the 6/9 in the back and replaced them with new ones but they do not sound right and i can find a diagram online there 4 fire that are comeing out and i dont know what go to what so it some one can please help i would thank you alot also when i was hooking my 6/9 up the antena would go up and down what is that for i have a 1994 dodge intrepid es thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts