DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some alpine 5.25s in my front doors and the OEM mounting points dont work very well for them and they always come back out of them about a day later. is there an easy fix for this? I dont want to make any major mods to keep them in place... is there some kind of adapter of something to make them fit better?

any help would be awsome!

Thanks

-Dr5D

·
Registered
715 Posts
off topic, but where do you live at in des moines? i used to live in west des moines. back to topic...what do you mean by "back out of them"?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
simple just get a 1/4 inch peice of sheet wood looks like mdf but then do a template real fast and easy then attach that to the door then the speaker to that. ill have pics if you still dont know what im talking about

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, pics please! :)
its like the screws/mounting potins are too far apart for the 5.25, but a 6.5 totally wont fit. I can get 2 sides screwed down, but then the bumps from the road fake it fall out/off of one side and it rattles
I am currently staying in wdm acros from hooters

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would be cool to do, but I dont have that kind of exp.
I didnt know you could get an adapter for the front speakers... where have you seen them?
crutchfield says that alpine 5.25s fit and says nothing about an adapter, but it does say (and is correct) that they are held in by 2 screws

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Crutchfield commonly supplies all kinds of extra goodies when you buy from then. Speaker adapters are one of their free goodies.

·
Registered
715 Posts
try ford and garland. they have plenty o knowledgable staff and all kinds of accessories for sale. give them, american, BB, or cyclone stereo in ames a call and see what they can do for you. keep us posted. if worse comes to worse, let me know and i can possibly make some for you. not hard, but would need speaker cut out dimension. let me know...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey fellow iowan - i usually go to f&g but they do charge $45 an hour, figured if I could get this myself it could save some $$$ I wouldent know where to start on making those....

'98-ESer; I looked at crutchfield.com and they dont seem to have anything - but I do have the speaker wire adapters - maybe I looked wrong?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just called crutchfield and asked about them ^^^ and the guy said that those are for speakers to fit in that spot, but a speaker even smaller than what Ive got..... errr

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
its not that hard to make a template just get cardboard and sissors and slowly trim away until snug the trace that onto a sheet of 1/4 inch wood then trace the speaker size cut out and then(what i did) no drill i used self tapping screws and put 3 in then i used then i screwd the speaker to that and a couple of the screws through the wood to the door

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
ok go to home depot and get a copin saw
need help ask for help to find it thats all you need its like 10 bucks
use that to cut it out
ok install with hand tools
items you need
1) 2 foot by 2 foot 1/4 inch wood
2)certain number of matching screws
3) a screwdriver
4)what ever items you use for the speakers
5) a pen and a hammer
6_ peice of cardboard\

1 take the carboard and slowly cutout the c-b to fit tightly around the trim
(now if there is a little tab sticking out like mine did) cut that out so you can make the wood flush
2 trace the c-b onto the wood
3 take the coapin saw and cut the outside out
4 center the cutout for the speaker
5 take that screwdriver and hammer and punch a hole in the circle
6 take the coping saw apart and slide the blade through the hole to re attach it then cut the hole out
7 use your screwdriver and install the wood peice first. then install the speaker
thats it hope this realy helps

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sheesh!
its starting to sound worth paying someone to do it! I could rewire something, but doing that kind of thing I do not excell at...

tired, going to bed

~*Sent via T-Mobile MDA*~

·
Registered
715 Posts
i am pretty busy this weekend with family ****, but if you are not too busy sometime next week, i could try to help you out. let me know...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts