DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey a friend of mine has a 93 vision and he has a pioneer headunit (2001 model year) and once we put it in the right door speaker and the dash speaker quit working for some reason, i had a problem with the outputs from the headunit a few monthes ago when the same symtoms were happening-no sound from the speakers, but it was covered by pioneer so they took up the bill :). has anyone had this happen to them and if so what did you do or what do ya recommend
also if the amp i have says to use 4 guage wire with a 50 amp fuse and i have a 8 guage wire w/ a 30 amp fuse what will happen - a fire or what? thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
if you install new speakers in the door/dash, you have to be careful that you match the speaker impedance. There is (I think) a passive crossover in the dash somewhere, to split the freuencies (mid-low to door, highs to dash). crossovers are VERY dependant on the impedance rating of the speaker, and if they are improperly matched, you will have trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.