DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey a friend of mine has a 93 vision and he has a pioneer headunit (2001 model year) and once we put it in the right door speaker and the dash speaker quit working for some reason, i had a problem with the outputs from the headunit a few monthes ago when the same symtoms were happening-no sound from the speakers, but it was covered by pioneer so they took up the bill :). has anyone had this happen to them and if so what did you do or what do ya recommend
also if the amp i have says to use 4 guage wire with a 50 amp fuse and i have a 8 guage wire w/ a 30 amp fuse what will happen - a fire or what? thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
yOU might short wire youre amp and mess up the amp,or it might turn on and then shut off burning the fuse. as for the dash check all the fuses or any connections in the back?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
if you install new speakers in the door/dash, you have to be careful that you match the speaker impedance. There is (I think) a passive crossover in the dash somewhere, to split the freuencies (mid-low to door, highs to dash). crossovers are VERY dependant on the impedance rating of the speaker, and if they are improperly matched, you will have trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts